I have a solid state power amp that I would like to use, but do not know much about. I know it is solid state, and delivers 150 watts into 8 ohms. However, there are a few questions I would like resolved:

1) Is this 150 watts most likely RMS, peak, or program?

2) How would I wire this amps stereo output into one mono speaker cabinet, and what would be the necessary impedance of the cabinet? I know I would need to do some additional wiring to use this amp, seeing as the amp's output is a standard speaker cable and all of my cabinets take either 1/4'' or banana plug.

3) What would be the minimum power handling I would need for the cabinet?

Thank you for all of your help.

P.S. The title is just to get people's attention. No one's been replying to this thread.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Last edited by PimpedOutSquier at Nov 26, 2008,
1) Most brands show RMS power. There are few who cheat (Behringer) and show peak

2)If it is a guitar amp, it should have a mono jack as an out. If it has two outs, you can run them in stereo. If this is the case, let us know. Someone else can help you there.

3) 150w. Speakers are also rated RMS.
Itis not a guitar amp. As I stated, it is a stereo power amp, such as those used with mixers to power passive speakers. I would like to know how to run it in bridged mono, or in parallel mono or honestly whatever will work. However, I know that doing this will change both the impedance and the power handling I need, I just don't know how.

I hope that clarifies my question, and thank you for responding so promptly.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Bump
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Bump #2. Jesus. It's been nearly 24 hours, and the only response I've gotten was in the first ten minutes
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Stop bumping your thread, it's against the rules to bump your thread this often.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.