Does anyone know a website that has free sheet music for the piano? Kind of like an Ultimate-Guitar, but for piano music?

I'm lookin for some Beatles music to play on the piano.
Quote by Lopez72
I'm lookin for some Beatles music to play on the piano.
Almost posted a link to a classical music deposit.

Pop songs are hard to find for piano. The next best thing is a fake book full of jazz standards, but you'll have to arrange those yourself (this takes a little bit of theory).

If you can find the chords used in said beatles song (you can use ultimate-guitar) and than use your ear to find the vocal melody, you could arrange your own version which will sound identical to any non-beatles fanatic.
There's a site, but I forgot the name. But I know for 100% certain there's a site with piano scores in both classical form and piano-pattern form.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Deep-Sea-Seamus
what in the name of the lord is piano pattern form

I dunno the real name, but it's like in guitarpro, the neck of the guitar with dots on it, only then it's a piano thing.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Deep-Sea-Seamus
thats obscene sheet music is so easy to read on piano

Dude wtf, easy to read is relative.

Chinese is easy to read for chinese people, but I bet you can't read a single sentence.

Don't bash people if they can't do stuff what you find easy. Everyone has to start somewhere.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx

Chinese is easy to read for chinese people, but I bet you can't read a single sentence.

Don't bash people if they can't do stuff what you find easy. Everyone has to start somewhere.

sorry but if you use this piano roll trash you are a retard that should be put in a cage, natch. each note on the staff corresponds to ONE key on the piano

i dont mean people that cant read should be criticized i mean if you are going to learn piano pieces and you cant be bothered to read you might as well kill yourself
i have explored the sea
Last edited by Deep-Sea-Seamus at Nov 26, 2008,
^ Ignore the troll.

I've never heard of this 'piano pattern form', but it's probably better to learn to read sheetmusic and/or chords anyway.
Quote by 100Roy001
^ Ignore the troll.

I've never heard of this 'piano pattern form', but it's probably better to learn to read sheetmusic and/or chords anyway.

Agreed, If i'd ever take piano lessons, I'd go with that too.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Do you mean like... a Piano version of TAB ? regardless if you could find the GP track on UG then there is an option to view the score on the keyboard. That's one way of doing it
Quote by xxdarrenxx

+1

free sheet music:

http://www.8notes.com/

my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
*sigh*

Yes, you DO have to start somewhere. Unfortunately, TAB or this 'piano-form music' or whatever it is called is not a good place to start.

People learn TAB or whatever, but it only allows them one more excuse not to learn how to read music. Does looking at the pictures help you to learn to read? Certainly not, if you are not looking at the text. Does learning TAB help you to read? Certainly not, if you are only looking at the numbers and string assignments.

To use the Chinese analogy.... would a picture book in Chinese help you to learn to read Chinese, or do you think you'd need to actually work with Chinese *characters* in order to learn Chinese?

About the poster's question, though....

Do you have any music software? Particularly one that can create sheet music? What I do is I download midi files, which are pretty readily available on the net. I import the midi file into Cubase, open the score editor, and voila!! Sheet music!!

The downside is that it has not passed the scrutiny of a publisher, so you are entirely at the mercy of whoever takes it upon themselves to put it together. Kinda like the TABs I guess. Some are great. Others are crap. The only way to know for sure is to get into it.

The upside is that if you don't like the key it is in, it is easy to change it. And if you find a mistake, you can usually correct it really easily.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by gonzaw
That doesn't seem free...

it was for me...
lol
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic