Poll: Have you ever heard of this being done? Have you ever done it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever heard of this being done? Have you ever done it?
Yes, I have heard of this.
3 9%
No, I have not heard of this.
29 88%
Yes, I have done this.
3 9%
No, I have not done this.
25 76%
Voters: 33.
THIS IS A TWO PART POLL SO PICK 1/2 for the top 2, and 1/2 for bottom 2.

I don't how many of you know about these, but they are basically pre-paid gift cards that you buy without giving a name or anything like that... just buy, swipe to activate, and you can use it.

They are simply called american express gift cards.

Well, I have 1 for $100.00 and I was able to get $750 of gift certificates out of it at my work today.

I mean, nothing on the paper work showed the draw being over/short, or anything wrong, and as far as I can tell Am Ex will be charged and that it won't be able to come back to me. I am not worried to be honest, just curious.

Has anyone else heard, or done anything like this?

Now to some info on the cards since I have done this countless times at gas stations...

Most gas stations will put a $50 hold on whatever card you use at their pumps.. but if you have a prepaid card >$50 then you should be able to fill your tank.. I have done this many times, but not in a few months.

Also, Most retail stores, don't initially charge your card, they simply hold 'x' amount of money or something like that. So doing this was easy, since there was only $100 on it, I am not going to lose money (mabye my job lol... oh god.) but Am Ex will...

Well, enough rambling.

Poll coming.
I think this is called conning?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
This is fraud dude.

You'd better hope they didn't get your license plate number on the CCTVs at the gas stations
Quote by yoshixxx7
I think this is called conning?

Well, I don't want to sound like a tool, but this will make me sound like one, but I have conned/'hustled' (if you are of lower intelligence) people out of money/stuff and this took no 'con' skills it was simply.. fraud?... or something... well fraud is a strong word, I simply took advantage of the situation.
Quote by themadness 1234

I don't how many of you know about these, but they are basically pre-paid gift cards that you buy without giving a name or anything like that... just buy, swipe to activate, and you can use it.

Well, I have 1 for $100.00 and I was able to get $750 of gift certificates out of it at my work today.

I mean, nothing on the paper work showed the draw being over/short, or anything wrong, and as far as I can tell Am Ex will be charged and that it won't be able to come back to me. I am not worried to be honest, just curious.

Now to some info on the cards since I have done this countless times at gas stations...

Most gas stations will put a $50 hold on whatever card you use at their pumps.. but if you have a prepaid card >$50 then you should be able to fill your tank.. I have done this many times, but not in a few months.

Also, Most retail stores, don't initially charge your card, they simply hold 'x' amount of money or something like that. So doing this was easy, since there was only $100 on it, I am not going to lose money (mabye my job lol... oh god.) but Am Ex will...

Well, enough rambling.

Poll coming.

Minus the fact you just confessed to fraud on a public internet forum
ohai little sig.
Quote by themadness 1234

Well, enough rambling.

Poll coming.

I'm sure the great minds at Amex are extremely careful about their money.
If it's a gift card, it probably has information on the card or account on how much money is left on the card, and will be declined if there are insufficient funds, like it would a debit account.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by thefeedingend
This is fraud dude.

You'd better hope they didn't get your license plate number on the CCTVs at the gas stations

Not to worried, since I have done it at the same gas station about 20 times.
Quote by iceman_8319
I'm sure the great minds at Amex are extremely careful about their money.
If it's a gift card, it probably has information on the card or account on how much money is left on the card, and will be declined if there are insufficient funds, like it would a debit account.

Well, since this was purchased at a CVS, without name, number anything, paid in cash, and then i basically got 7x more out of it then I put in.. I am not worried.
also, how is this fraud?

I am pretty sure that fraud would be if this was someone elses card, that wasnt a prepaid GIFT CARD, it would be fraud... but in this case, I would say it is am. ex's fault
^ It's the same as writing a bad check. You charge an account you don't have sufficient funds in, except this account has no name. Pray no one tracks you down with a security camera.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
^ It's the same as writing a bad check. You charge an account you don't have sufficient funds in, except this account has no name. Pray no one tracks you down with a security camera.

not to worried about big brother catching me on this one.