I was wondering how many people on this site actually know about them. They're so amazing, I can't believe they're not more famous outside of Canada. If you've never heard of them, download the entire Up To Here Album, personally one of my favorites. Share any stories, thoughts, fave songs etc.
"The Pit? Eh, why not," I thought "I'm bored and it's something to do." That night, I lost all faith in humanity.

I gotsed a cookie!!!
Cookie
I think Gord's vocals are immediately recognizable and I like that. Fun fact, they're my older brother's favourite band.

Also, I bet somebody will say this should go somewhere else, just saying.

edit: well, there you go
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
the hip are crazy sick!

i took a four hour car ride with my friends dad (yah, just him and me...) from oakville to kingston to visit my friend.. and the only thing that made it not awkword was that a hip song came on the radio and he started talking about the first song he heard and stuff lol
Canada?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
love the hip.they are kind of strange though.like my uncles.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I saw them at Bluesfest in Ottawa this past summer...and they put on a damn good show. I was basically front row as well - I have a talent for getting up close in general admission. We were close enough that a buddy of mine caught one of Gord Downie's sweat rags, though we had no idea what to do with it after we caught it.

Basically though, their live shows are great. Full of energy (Gord especially is awesome up there), and have good music. I'm a fan for sure!

And they live like 2 hours from me...so that's pretty sweet.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by Trefellin
I'm Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip.

plus fucking one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by wizards?
May I?

Are you a real wizard?

I don't want no fake wizard climbing up any of my delicate orifices.
Quote by Trefellin
I'm Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean ALL canadians like them, but if you do like them, you probably are. And to the guy who said to move it, i looked in the band forums and stuff, but who the hell really goes there?
"The Pit? Eh, why not," I thought "I'm bored and it's something to do." That night, I lost all faith in humanity.

I gotsed a cookie!!!
Cookie
Quote by Trefellin
Are you a real wizard?

I don't want no fake wizard climbing up any of my delicate orifices.

I am a real wizard, I'm UG's official wizard... Except I have some self doubting issues.