Whenever i play my guitar, my amp makes an annoying humming/buzzing noise that sounds sort of like static or feedback, its pretty annoying. What might be the cause of this? I'm thinking the cord because its a cheap no-name cord i got from a local store, and its starting to break.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Is it a tube amp? If it is a tube might have gone microphonic. But the cord could be the cause.
Nah its a vox valvetronix...so mostly solid state
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Those have a preamp tube right? Try tapping near it or talking in to it. If you can hear the tapping or your voice out of the speakers that's your problem. If not, it's probably one of your cables, either power or guitar.
Single coil guitars hum just nature of the beast. It can be reduced alot with shielding and proper grounding. Distortion adds noise more gain more noise. A pile of pedals for your signal to go thru can add noise. Cheap cables can add to it. So can the power from your wall. And SS amps tend to have more hum than tube stuff. Get a decent cable first then go from there.
Its either your cable or cycle hum. You didnt say what guitar you are playing, But if you have a guitar with single coil pickups (and especially cheap pickups) you are gonna get hum. Either live with it or get another guitar. Try a friends guitar in your amp, preferrably a guitar with humbuckers and see how that sounds. Then go from there. I would dare say its your guitars pups.
My guitars an Epi Les Paul so its not a problem with single coils...
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag