I want the amp that will get me tones closest tones to a Plexi or a JCM 800. I need to gig with this, but nothing large. And I understand that the Windsor has no cleans, is that true not even in a small, cafiteria sized room? Because I would mainly be playing in my school's auditeria and at friends houses. But which one is closer to those amps I named?
You can have cleans with the Windsor, just roll back the volume on your guitar.

The Windsor head is kind of like a JCM 800 and would be a bit more 'British' out of the Classic 30.

I'd rather the Classic 30 due to less wattage and more versatility.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah, I know. but you have to start somewhere and why not talent shows and battle of the bands? and the 30 sounds better then. and i'm buying used
Quote by SaulnierE
yeah, I know. but you have to start somewhere and why not talent shows and battle of the bands? and the 30 sounds better then. and i'm buying used

I never said the Classic sounded better. They're both different amps.

Try them both out and see what you like.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Windsor has cleans, definitely loud enough for a cafeteria. It doesn't really roll back though, unless you've got a very very light breakup when your guitar is on full volume.

You have to set it for one kind of tone, the volume knob on the guitar is more of a fine tuner for the master volume.

It does the Marshall crunch pretty well though. I've been able to get JTM45 and Plexi tones out of it. I've heard other people get JCM800 level distortion out of them, but either my pickups aren't hot enough or I don't play loud enough to get a ton of distortion from it.

We're talking about the head, right? Because the Studio is an entirely different sounding amp.
are we talking head or combo??
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Komet
The Windsor has cleans, definitely loud enough for a cafeteria. It doesn't really roll back though, unless you've got a very very light breakup when your guitar is on full volume.

You have to set it for one kind of tone, the volume knob on the guitar is more of a fine tuner for the master volume.

It does the Marshall crunch pretty well though. I've been able to get JTM45 and Plexi tones out of it. I've heard other people get JCM800 level distortion out of them, but either my pickups aren't hot enough or I don't play loud enough to get a ton of distortion from it.

We're talking about the head, right? Because the Studio is an entirely different sounding amp.

JTM45 tones without a tube rectifier? Shenanigans.

I found that amp very lacking with the gain rolled back. I never really played one loud though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I've got the Windsor and it will do more of what you want. I'm wanting a classic 30 also, but i think in this case go with the Windsor. As always though try'em out.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
JTM45 tones without a tube rectifier? Shenanigans.

I found that amp very lacking with the gain rolled back. I never really played one loud though.

well, some people run solid state rectifiers in their jtm45s, however, jtm45 tone without kt-66s, now thats shenanigans!
It would be a used Windsor Head and a used Avatar 2x12
or
a Classic 30 1x 12 combo.
I would have to stretch to afford the cab, which is why i'm only doing it for the Windsor because i know the combo isn't as good. I know that the Classic 30 combo's are great, so I'd just get one of those if that was the case.
IMO the Classic 30 is better... the Windsor is more of a one-trick pony.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
IMO the Classic 30 is better... the Windsor is more of a one-trick pony.

i agree

play both amps see what you like better

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.