OK UG i need some people's opinon on a fender telecaster. I have been thinking about getting one for a while now. So Should i get a Mexican made or the American. If so whats the difference? I heard American made is better but how much is the cost? I know the mexican made is around 300$. And finally can tele guitar play lead and solo well?
You can do anything on a Tele dude, it's about the player.

The Made in Mexico ones are fine guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah, the MIM's are fine, but the key is to try before you buy. If you can stretch your budget, I'd look at the ash MIK ones. The one with SD pick-ups is discontinued, but I'm sure you can find a few hanging around your store. Heck, I didn't see any Ibanez Icemen in my stores until a month after they were discontinued.
Quote by Iceman 420
Yeah, the MIM's are fine, but the key is to try before you buy. If you can stretch your budget, I'd look at the ash MIK ones. The one with SD pick-ups is discontinued, but I'm sure you can find a few hanging around your store. Heck, I didn't see any Ibanez Icemen in my stores until a month after they were discontinued.

Is the Lite Ash Tele discontinued???
HI
Quote by StratPat
Is the Lite Ash Tele discontinued???

It is from what I've heard in the Tele thread. Frankly, I'd grab it before the prices on eBay are jacked up.
I highly recommend the Tele FMT HH (Korean made). This thing is a do=all guitar. Legendary Fender cleans, but with grinding high output distortion capabilities in the bridge position. Awesome guitar, and I'm not a huge Fender-Fan.
Quote by Iceman 420
It is from what I've heard in the Tele thread. Frankly, I'd grab it before the prices on eBay are jacked up.

Yeah I will do, I've been saving for one for a while now.. Saw your post and nearly shat myself
HI
Quote by StratPat
Yeah I will do, I've been saving for one for a while now.. Saw your post and nearly shat myself

Yeah, good thing I posed that huh? And even if they aren't discontinued, hey, at least you're getting a Tele.
get the $700 one with hums. i dont remember the name, but dear god its an amazing guitar. if not, then get the mim one.
a Tele is a fine choice, either way. i want one bad.
get the $700 one with hums. i dont remember the name, but dear god its an amazing guitar. if not, then get the mim one.

Thats the 72' Tele Deluxe.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
My thought on a telecaster??

Hottttttttttttt =)

anyways, it all depends on what you can dish out. I assure you that you'll be satisfied with either.
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Iceman 420
Yeah, good thing I posed that huh? And even if they aren't discontinued, hey, at least you're getting a Tele.

Haha yea definately, I'd say your right though. Been a long time coming, played one through a Blues Jr ages ago nearly fell off my damn chair
HI
you could go with a MIM, but i would say it would be best to try it out first. i got mine off ebay but was lucky, the action on it is fantastic
signed,
your favorite poster
I love my Tele, can play lead and solo stuff just fine. It's more about the player, than the guitar.

If you get a MiM though, try before you buy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Do you have a guitar now? If you do, I would save and buy the american made. The american made will be better quality and will retain a higher resell value, where as a mim will just be another mim someone is trying to get rid of.
go to guitar center and try an american made and a MIM. if you cant see a difference go for the MIM....its all about personal preference man
Pot
Kettle
Black
I still maintain that MiJ is where it's at when it comes to Fender.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Oujou
I think Tele's are Ugly, SOOOO.

1. It's not about looks, its about tone, which Tele's have.

2. They do take some getting used to
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
Quote by Striped_Monkey5
1. It's not about looks, its about tone, which Tele's have.

2. They do take some getting used to

Its all about looks, teles are hawt. Yeah.

The newer MIM teles are pretty bad for the money IMO (Well i havent tried their most recent teles, but based from what ive tried and compared...), i got an old '92 for about £200 with case, upgraded electronics and strap. Feels much nicer and [lays much nicer than modern teles.

Other wise get the MIK lite ash before they run out.
I owned a LP for a year and its a great guitar. But i just cant get the right tone i wanted for playing christian music. I heard that tele's might do the trick for me and i touched a few before so I'm on a hunt for a good tele
my thoughts on a tele.... they are the most versatile instrument invented. capable of playing anything from blues to metal to country.

the tone is enough to make a young boys balls drop and little girls moist

there are very few guitars that match up to a high end tele, but in the end it is all about personal preference. so if teles don't tickle your fancy don't come running home, rush to your computer, and hunt me down. Just try one out and see how you like it.
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Personally I don't like Tele's at all, however I appreciate that they're good and versatile guitars.
Hell there are even a couple o' metal bands who use Tele's.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt