Hello Pit
Christmas is coming up and I am thinking about getting a shelf stereo system for my dorm/home.

I was looking in the $200 or less range and one stereo I was looking at was this sony
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665401962

Is there anything within this price range that bose makes that will suit my needs?
Most of their stuff is quite expensive, but they definitely have the best quality.

Is buying Bose even worth it?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
At Bose, 200$ will get you, um...headphones. But very, VERY good headphones. Conclusion: Save like a ma****a.
Bose is definetly worth it. I have it as my computer speakers and in my car
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
If you want high quality audio reproduction, stay away from Bose. But don't take my word for it. Go listen around to different systems and see what suits you. You can't really tell by just reading the specs. Myself, I detest Bose products. There's a pretty old saying in the audio industry..."No highs, no lows, must be Bose." Like I said, listen around to different systems. You may or may not agree with the aforementioned saying. Being a hardcore audiophile (it's a gift and a curse) and having listened to CDs/mixes/live shows through Bose products, I can't recommend them to anyone.
yeah Bose are terrible for accurate sound reproduction, they make everything sound really boomy. Bose is one of those companies that produced great stuff years ago and are now just riding their name. Also you won't get anything good from bose for $200. Except headphones, which is about the only thing they make that is fairly decent.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
HAHAHA Bose for 200???? maybe secondhand and with blown drivers, headphones only for that kinda money, and my dad has some bose 301 mkII's which are worth about a grand and i want!!!!!!! i do have a better soundsystem than him though . . .
we all want BOSE, but we cant afford it . BOSE ftw. evilness in stereo.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by hamsta_hobo
HAHAHA Bose for 200???? maybe secondhand and with blown drivers, headphones only for that kinda money, and my dad has some bose 301 mkII's which are worth about a grand and i want!!!!!!! i do have a better soundsystem than him though . . .

Why did you bring this thread
back from the dead?
You stupidhead
Be productive instead
Go lie in bed
Eat moldy bread
Paint the town red
Pump your face full of lead