OK. This is another amp thread, but I've done my reasearch and boiled it down to two choices. I play an Ibanez RG2550z Prestige and love it. Don't let the guitar fool you I'm not a shred-head, I bought it for versatility, which is what I'm looking for in an amp. I play anything and everything. I want an amp that can do John Fruciante/Jimi Hendrix, all the way up to Dimebag Darrel and Buckethead.
So, crystal cleans, Br00talz distortion, and everything in between.

Keep in mind these are NOT the only choices I will make, but my options I've found.
As for other options... Thats why I've turned to you.

First in line, The Marshall JVM Series JVM410H Tube Amp.
That seems like the one I want to go with. Four channels, three settings for each, this baby can do anything. From what I've heard that is. Only thing is, if I get this amp the only way I can get it is in 100 watts, and thats a ****load of watts more than I need. Does is use all of them all of the time or just as much as it needs per channel? I can get the 50 watt but thats not as versatile, and versatility is key.

Runner up: ENGL's E 330 Screamer 50
Now I've heard good things about this amp, but a con right off the bat is that its not a stack, its a combo, and its not a Marshall. I know that sounds superficial, but it feels like its in my blood to have a Marshall stack. Also I don't know how the cleans are on this thing. I've only heard Metallica style cleans, which are far from that of Jimi Hendrix or John Fruciante and stuff like that, which is essential to my playing. I'll leave you to judge that and let me know how it sounds though. Oh and how loud is this thing?

Sorry for the wall of text but I told you pretty much everything you needed to know for an accurate answer.
Thank you very much for your time!
You REALLY shouldn't buy an amp because it's a Marshall and it's a stack. You're limiting your tone and your options.

Just because the JVM can do everything, doesn't mean it doesn't everything well. There's no difference between the 50 watt and 100 watt model. The volume difference is so slight that you won't even notice. I dare you. Saying an amp isn't versatile due to wattage is an absolutely false statement unless you need stupid amounts of headroom for cleans. 50 watts is too loud for a lot of applications.

If you want your tone to have any integrity, buy the ENGL or AT LEAST purchase an amp based on sound, not based on the Marshall logo and the 'I have self-esteem issues' stacks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I find people who dont buy stacks when they want them, end up getting them in long run anyways. It;s a good investment, plus you'll feel better arbout your purchase. I would look into other things than marshalls, all though i do like the JVMs. They are great, but not mind blowing. SOund a bit sterile.

Look into Laney, Traynor, ENGL's are good, etc
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I haven't personally heard the JVM series, but I heard it has almost too much gain up the ass, and that it's completely different from the JCM (which are apparently superior?)

don't know about the Engl at all...

May I suggest a H&K Switchblade? 50 or 100? They seem to me like a cheaper version of the Triamp, but not AS good. Cheaper, as well.
Cool!
Thanks!

The 50 has two less channels is what I was getting at.
As far as the Marshall and the stack I just like the look and feel... oh, and sound!
All reccomendations and comments negative or positive are very appreciated!
Quote by Code-E
Cool!
Thanks!

The 50 has two less channels is what I was getting at.
As far as the Marshall and the stack I just like the look and feel... oh, and sound!

I like how sound was an afterthought.

Yeah, but that classic Marshall sound you're looking for isn't going to be in the JVM. If you're going to go and buy a stack, buy one that you won't sell in 6 months.

Check out the JCM 800.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I will check them out for sure!

I hear the gain on them is not so great?

And it was a sarcastic remark...
dont get the jvm it's got no personality... it's got enough gain and stuff, and yeah its versatile... but it just sounds boring.

I've played one a fair few times, and have never really been satisfied with its tone.

I played the screamer 50 (is there a screamer 30? if there is.. i played that one)
I quite liked the tone on that. I got some interesting tones... alot different to the jvm.. so much more character. Still, I think i would prefer to have a higher end engl like the richie blackmoor or something, but the engl was very nice. Crystaly cleans which were nice, and the gain was.. i dont know how to explain it... a little bit sparkly? was soo nice (Y)

anyway yeah thats my opinion, but its worth playing things yourself

hope that helps?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Take a look (as someone suggested) at the Laney VH100R. Versatile as hell and definately gonna have all the tones you want. Not to mention it looks better than a Marshall