okay, so we set general, end-of-the-year goals for ourselves in my psychology class the other day, and mine was to be able to play no boundaries. so, turn it in, not thinking it's going to be a big deal. get it back today, and my teacher likes the idea so much, she wants me to come in and play it in june after i've learned it.

problem is, i am, at best, an okay guitarist. nowhere NEAR good enough to play no boundaries for awhile. i'm thinking about getting the speed lives dvds MAB made, but i really don't know if they're gonna be able to help me enough to learn it in about 6 months. any suggestions?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by rojomeansred
no boundaries is by?

michael angelo batio

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by rojomeansred
and how long have you been playing?

i've played casually for a couple years, probably been really serious about it for a little less than a year.

Quote by wolvenrick
well i just watched it and my advice is to learn as much as you can if you can't learn all of it. people will still be impressed. the first minute forty five is tough but completely doable and i think you can probably do it all by june thats quite a while away. the only thing that might halt you is the alt picking parts but the sweeping isn't really that intense. you got it dude just keep practicing it.
Quote by rojomeansred
well i just watched it and my advice is to learn as much as you can if you can't learn all of it. people will still be impressed. the first minute forty five is tough but completely doable and i think you can probably do it all by june thats quite a while away. the only thing that might halt you is the alt picking parts but the sweeping isn't really that intense. you got it dude just keep practicing it.

alright. thanks man. i'm pretty sure the dvd's will fill in a good portion of the blanks too.

Quote by wolvenrick
Quote by Sin City Sid
Wow dude, good luck. I just youtube that, it's crazy about the 2:00 min mark.

yeah, i'm not even gonna try the over the neck thing. there's difficult, insanely difficult, and then there's that part.

Quote by wolvenrick
That looks pretty tough TS, good luck. Think I might give it a go too, seems like it'd help my picking no end.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
MAB's videos are worlds better than most artists' instructional videos that I've seen. I'm pretty sure in the first Speed Kills he shows how to play a good deal of No Boundaries, so that would be an obvious one to get.
You could just play a different song, equally well unknown by the general populous and say you succeeded. Think about it
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
You could just play a different song, equally well unknown by the general populous and say you succeeded. Think about it

trust me, i've considered it

Quote by wolvenrick
lmao, youve bin playing for 2 years, i wud say noway, unless your really talented
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Just go for it and do your best! Nothing is a failure if you give it your all.

Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I'm on learning it too, it's a blazing tune.
Most of the problem for me is the sweeping parts, I haven't had a superstrat for very long and sweeping on a Les Paul style guitar is harder than it should be.
Quote by Retro Rocker
I'm on learning it too, it's a blazing tune.
Most of the problem for me is the sweeping parts, I haven't had a superstrat for very long and sweeping on a Les Paul style guitar is harder than it should be.

yes, yes it is.

i'm kinda thinking about getting an ibanez, just for the fact i need a guitar with 24 frets and i've heard good things about 'em.

Quote by wolvenrick
Last edited by kaosxrocker at Nov 26, 2008,