Poll: Who plays with the most emotion?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who plays with the most emotion?
David Gilmour
20 21%
Slowhand
7 7%
Carlos Santana
8 8%
Stevie Ray Vaughan
18 19%
Satch
6 6%
B.B. King
8 8%
Gary Moore
9 9%
Mikael Akerfeldt
3 3%
Slash
3 3%
Yngwie Malmsteem, M.A.B., Herman Li and the whammy "without a whammy bar" kid
13 14%
Voters: 95.
Can you define "feel"?
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by my_lemonade_tap
lol who divided by zero and went for the last option?

Nobody can define "feel", you pretentious wanker
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, let me just clarify, I don't mean pedophilia or incest, lol.

Quote by webbtje
That's what they all say.

*picks up pitchfork*

Quote by dminishedthingy
Karl Sanders has to drop his guitar to z so he can play his diminished thingies

Proud owner of a LTD DV8-R
It's obvious there's only one on that list who has any feel at all.

The whammy without a whammy bar kid.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
This poll needs more Guthrie Govan.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
S.R.V. probably plays with the most emotion, but slowhand and Gilmour are much better at controlling that emotion.
Quote by my_lemonade_tap
18 people disagree

At most 17 people disagree, at least 1 person voted Gilmour because polls can't be edited.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Listing the top 10 guitarists just won't work. There's too many guitarists to put down. And you forgot Ritchie Blackmore!

However, I'm saying Gary Moore, cause he rawwks.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
At most 17 people disagree, at least 1 person voted Gilmour because polls can't be edited.

it's still 17 over your 1.
Quote by my_lemonade_tap
it's still 17 over your 1.

Meh, all the people likely to agree with me are either asleep or at work.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Meh, all the people likely to agree with me are either asleep or at work.

I agree, he should probably be on this poll ... not saying I would have voted for him had his name been there, infact my vote probably would have still gone to Gary Moore but Guthrie Govan certainly deserves a mention, more so than say Santana (who I never thought much of personally) or Mikael Akerfeldt (despite the fact I love Opeth)
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Needs moar Jeff Beck.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
wow nice poll i would have to say stevie ray vaughn although david gilmour really shows he is feeling it but stevie ray vaughn shows it more then any other guitarist ever watch him in concert then gilmour there is a big difference. were stevie ray vaughn shows it in is face and body gilmour uselly only shows it in his face.

akhi has a point most metal guitarist especially freidman playing have alot more emotion then some of the other ppl you put...just how i think metal shows more emotion then most rock...bands like pink floyd led zepplin are the greats at it but nothing gets you going more then metal....
Last edited by xphrygianx at Nov 27, 2008,
a win for this man im afraid ^^

the whammy "without a whammy bar" kid
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Aww c'mon, who on earth honestly believes Malmsteen has the most "feel"?? No matter how you define "feel" there is no way Malmsteen should even be thought of.

All the guy does is arpeggios, for cryin out loud. So what if he can play loops really fast, whoopdee do. I think he is a joke.

Go ahead, neg on me! I can take your best shots, I won't back down!
Quote by ChopSuey19
Aww c'mon, who on earth honestly believes Malmsteen has the most "feel"?? No matter how you define "feel" there is no way Malmsteen should even be thought of.

All the guy does is arpeggios, for cryin out loud. So what if he can play loops really fast, whoopdee do. I think he is a joke.

Considering how much emotion his music seems to give you, even if negative, I think people have plenty of reason to say there is "feel" in Malmsteen's playing.

I voted Gilmour, by the way.
I had to vote for Gilmour. Whenever I saw his name, the solo from "Time" came to mind. It's slow but strikes something deep within me....

Also thoughts of Crazy Diamond are running through my head now...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by ChopSuey19

1 - I've heard plenty of Malmsteen songs where I feel an awful lot, don't tell me what I should and shouldn't vote for.

2 - The guy actually doesn't use arpeggios and sweeping as much as a lot of people seem to think he does. Go and actually listen to something he's done that isn't "Arpeggios From Hell" and STFU.

Quote by xphrygianx
wow nice poll i would have to say stevie ray vaughn although david gilmour really shows he is feeling it but stevie ray vaughn shows it more then any other guitarist ever watch him in concert then gilmour there is a big difference. were stevie ray vaughn shows it in is face and body gilmour uselly only shows it in his face.

Another person with the wrong idea about "feel" in music, feel should have absolutely nothing to do with the way the person looks and everything to do with the way they play. If SRV played in the exact same way but didn't move around or make the same faces would you say that the music has less feel in it?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.