Looking for some input on the V-picks.

I just ordered 2 of em and will be trying em out soon. What really got me interested is the fact that after holding them for a few seconds they will "stick" to your fingers. Not with adhesive or anything messy, but just cling to your fingers and not twist and turn. This is a huge problem for me.

I ordered the medium rounded and the screamer picks from v-picks.com

I was also thinking of trying the much cheaper, tortex 1.14mm picks. (the purples) Unless i just fall in love with the V-picks.

Your thoughts?

Edit: your opinion on picks as they apply to electric guitar pls
Last edited by dcvlehr at Nov 26, 2008,
I really like the tortex over any other pick. I've never tried the Vpicks though.
Tortex are really durable, and for good prices (Compared to the Vpick, which is what, $8 to the pick?). However, you may find a problem with the pick moving around like you were talking about. Just try them out, see what you think is best.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
okay im giving you my honest opinion.
its all bull****.
okay maybe they stick to your hands, so you dont have to worry about dropping them, but thats it.
they say"oh its fat and round so it gives you better tone", but so are jim dunlop stubbies and there $19.50 cheaper!!!
If you have problems with them slipping, then sand them down.
$20 a pick is freaking ridiculous.
some people dont even use picks!!!!!!!!!!!!
like mark knopler!!!!(spelling?)
i admit thicked picks sound a little better(by less than one percent, and only you the guitar player would notice), but again STUBBY.
If you want good tone, you dont get these rip off $20 picks, you get a good amp.
and what happens if you lose them?!?!?!
I lose my picks all the time!!
if i used these picks, i would go through hundreds of dollars a week!!!
Quote by stratdud39
its all bull****.
okay maybe they stick to your hands, so you dont have to worry about dropping them, but thats it.
they say"oh its fat and round so it gives you better tone", but so are jim dunlop stubbies and there $19.50 cheaper!!!
i admit thicked picks sound a little better(by less than one percent, and only you the guitar player would notice), but again STUBBY.
If you want good tone, you dont get these rip off $20 picks, you get a good amp.

I'd never buy the $20 picks, the 2 that i bought to try out were $4 a piece.
Quote by stratdud39
its all bull****.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!!?
1/!?@!!!!?@!@??!@!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!?!!?@!@@?!@?#@#?!?!
!@@!@!@?!?@?!@@?!?!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!@!?!!?!?!?1?1!
DKASDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!!!!!!!!!!!DDSS(spelling?)!!!!!@!@!
!@!@!@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
So what did you think of them, TS?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by stratdud39
o
...well thats a bit different then

Idiot.

V-Picks beat any other pick around, only close competition is the Jazz III.

They give you better tone than a JD Stubby, and in my opinion, better tone than the Jazz III. They don't only stick to your hands so you don't drop them, but they also don't move at all in your hands after a little playing, which is amazing. Yes, they're expensive, but they're way more durable than any other pick you'll find.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I don't know they look ok but I always think the thinker the pick the darker the sound and the light there brighter sound I like tortex .60mm there sound bright and new from the bag they have a chalky coating so they don't slip. and you can get 12 for 3$ not 1 for 4$.

Just my input good luck with the picks.
Quote by V.U.K
Idiot.

V-Picks beat any other pick around, only close competition is the Jazz III.

They give you better tone than a JD Stubby, and in my opinion, better tone than the Jazz III. They don't only stick to your hands so you don't drop them, but they also don't move at all in your hands after a little playing, which is amazing. Yes, they're expensive, but they're way more durable than any other pick you'll find.

umm I hate V-Picks and Jazz IIIs, Jazz IIIs are too small and V-Picks are too big, I really don't understand why everyone creams their pants over those. They should really all be using brass picks, those are awesome.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
V picks are every bit worth the price. Ive used the medium sharps for awhile now, and absolutely love them. They don't stick to your fingers quite as easily as they make you think, but trust me they are hard to drop. I actually have a big stubby. Its a very nice pick for tone freaks. Do not bother if you play metal. The stubby will give you that deep sound like Carlos Santana. Its well worth the price if you want to use it for that, but its not for speed playing.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
i range between Gibson Medium picks ((idk what mm)), Dunlop .96mm ((with the gator decal on the front)), and 2mm dunlop stubbys. I don't really favor a pick, i just use whatever i feel like using during the moment...
I use whatever pick I can find. I'm impartial, as long as its not some rediculously thick 90000 mm plastic pic XD
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
i never break picks. sometimes i find them lying around all bent up, but ive never broke a pick playing.

losing picks is a much more important problem to me. IMO id rather have like 30 different picks to choose from than 1 "super-durable-sticky-pick" for the same price
Ive never broken or even bent a pick I do lose them all the time though. I use dunlop nylon standards they have a grip on them so that I finally solved the problem of my picks turning to the side when Im playing.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor