I always saw it as Paintball with more tactics, realism, the chances to use your own grenades and not have to run around in a jumpsuit covered in bright splotches of paint, personally.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I always looked at it as paintball for pussies.

Not necessarily, I have seen airsoft guns that leave fairly large bruises.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Jaymz_515
I always saw it as Paintball with more tactics, realism, the chances to use your own grenades and not have to run around in a jumpsuit covered in bright splotches of paint, personally.

I really fail to see how airsoft involves more tactics, unless the only paintball you've experienced is speedball.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I really fail to see how airsoft involves more tactics, unless the only paintball you've experienced is speedball.

Well the places I usd to play at (Airsoft) were bordering on Mil-sim games, so tactis were prominent to say the least, and that's how I always played it afterwards. I suppose it's down to each player how tactically they play the game, those who didn't usually didn't last long where we went.

I think this is just going to spiral downwards into a 'My opinion vs. Your opinion' thread.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

It's serious business enough that some police forces use it to practice breaching. My problem with it is that because of the way most of the guns are designed, rather than simulating firearm combat it's more like fighting with a long range water gun: just spray a stream of bb's in the general direction of your target.

Also, it's not for pussies:

But Simunition is where it's really at, shooting people with real guns:
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
i have been playing for years. i like it more than paintball. alot of softair guns are fairly acurate. more so than your average paintball gun. some people use autos and just spray the bbs. i prefer a more sniper type approach. 99% of the time if i can see you and your in range ill get ya in one shot. where as with paintball you usually need the first shot to get an idea of where the ball is going and where to aim the next, meanwhile you just gave away your position and the target is now moving.
i have played both, but i just like paintbll more. i dont get into the whole tactics thing. just airsoft is harder to know if you actually hit someone and it pisses me off when people dont go out. nothing says your out like a fresh splash of paint.
I prefer paintball because then you cant have some fag say "YOU DIDNT GET ME"

And plus Airsoft hurts more, I think
I like both. Paintball is more "people friendly", and easier to get into, but Airsoft is more serious and alot more realistic.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
paintball hurts more cos the paintballs are bigger thn bbs!! and airsoft is a rocking game to play!!! a reall good laugh with mates or you can join a team and it gets more intense! i recomend everyone tries it
you can buy paint bbs for airsoft. but i noticed with a better gun that fires a higher fps that the paint markers will break in the barrel. i usually aim for skin anyways. when you yell like you just got stung by a bee in a battle field there is no denying you got hit lol.
you cant have as much fun with airsoft as you can with paintball.. airsoft is too wannabe-military IMO
SIGNATURE
Quote by Runt2608
paintball hurts more cos the paintballs are bigger thn bbs!! and airsoft is a rocking game to play!!! a reall good laugh with mates or you can join a team and it gets more intense! i recomend everyone tries it

Airsoft BB's can go a LOT faster than paintballs; paintballs will break if shot too fast but there's nothing stopping you from shooting an airsoft bb at well over 500fps (except for rules+regs if you are playing at a real arena).
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Jaymz_515
Well the places I usd to play at (Airsoft) were bordering on Mil-sim games, so tactis were prominent to say the least, and that's how I always played it afterwards. I suppose it's down to each player how tactically they play the game, those who didn't usually didn't last long where we went.

I think this is just going to spiral downwards into a 'My opinion vs. Your opinion' thread.

most paintball games I play nowadays are all millitary simulation to a large degree. I'm not denying that airsoft can get tactical or whatever, just saying that paintball is no less tactical.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
They're basically the same thing, but it really depends on who you play with. If you play with a bunch of Immature people, it's basically a frenzy, but if you've got tatical people, you gotta get tactical...understand?
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by Jaymz_515

How is that more tactical than paintball though? Mil-sim happens all the time in paintball. Oklahoma D-day for one is a simulation of D-day and its the biggest game in the world.

edit you can also use grenades in paintball, I have no idea where your coming from with this.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Well, you have to think about the range of Airsoft weapons. They have shotguns/grenades, but as far as I know, paintball doesn't. If it does, please get some purchase links...WANT
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
As serious as the Internet.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Ah, fair point...but shotguns still win.
Quote by diofan88
I have no argument anymore. The paint mines look awesome...where would I go about getting them?
Quote by diofan88
Quote by Insanitydenied
I have no argument anymore. The paint mines look awesome...where would I go about getting them?

Any paintball store I'm sure.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
right-o, thanks.
Quote by diofan88
The reason I love Airsoft is because the settings are much more versatile.. like in my town, our neighbors allow us to use the whole block to play.. that gives us houses, pools, cars, roofs, anything you can imagine to hide in/under/around.. it's really fun.. we usually will play from like 9:00pm to 1:30am or so.. it's great fun !!
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
Played paintball for a year, found airsoft, never looked back.

For me, it's so much better. The guns are a big factor, e.g. paintball: Looks like a tube with a thing on the top and back, cannot have hop up so has to fire faster (and thus hurt more and do more damage) to get the same range, ammo much more expensive, no sights, no full auto etc

Airsoft: Looks like the real deal, hop up gives far more range without having to pump up the round speed, cheaper ammo, sights, full auto, semi if you like, batteries mean no need to carry the big CO2 tank as well as far less affected by the temperature, smaller rounds allow for ammo to be contained in realistic magazine rather than a glorified ice cream tub.

I could go on and on. It's a yay from me that's for sure.