So does anybody know a good web site where they talk about whats inside an amp.
like it points out whats inside an amp and describes. Kinda like schemetics
About
-diodes
-tubes
-caps
-transformers
-grids
-cathodes
etc. etc. etc...

Help a git box player out PLEASE!!!
Websites are kind of unreliable and don't go into the kind of details that you need.

Gerald Weber (google him) has written 3 very good books that will help you understand what each part of the amp is, how it works, and it'll give you tips about how to make vintage amps sound better.
Not taking any online orders.
gracias amigos!

..and Nebiru. thanks for taking your one min. to look for it.
Even though you an ass.
Last edited by Erving at Nov 26, 2008,
gracias amigos!

..and Nebiru. thanks for taking your one min. to look for it.
Even though you an ass.

well maybe he wouldnt be such an ass if u used half a brain cell and thought about how to solve ur question rather than being a lazy turd and just wasting all these peoples time by putting it on UG
comprende?
Quote by MichaelSpeer
well maybe he wouldnt be such an ass if u used half a brain cell and thought about how to solve ur question rather than being a lazy turd and just wasting all these peoples time by putting it on UG
comprende?

The point of guitar building and customizing is to show off your projects and to share information that you have with others. There are probably a few of us that have some very good, harder to find sites that have alot of information about tube amps. I for one have no problem with people asking, and if you don't have anything helpful to say about the topic of discussion then you should not even post a reply to this.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951393&
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914674&
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794004&
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730506&
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461133&
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464605&

and if you don't have anything helpful to say about the topic of discussion then you should not even post a reply to this.

hmm
i believe i speak for a fair amount of the community on here who get pissed off at the hundreds of people who come on here cluttering up the forum with questions taht have been asked (and answered) thousnads of times before that could have been awnsered easily with google or the search bar

i just chucked amp and book into the search bar and found the six threads that are almost identical all of which were on the first page of the results. so yes when someone comes on here giving attitude to someone who doesnt want to see the same damn questions come up again again and again as nebiru obviously doesnt i will call them on it.
look man.
your taking this way to far.
the reason why i didnt look up it up on GOOGLE is cuz id rather trust you guys. and ask the professionals
id rather ask other guitar players..then look it up google...cuz sometimes google just dosent work for me.

so..just chill man.
i was just looking for help its not like im trying to piss on any ones face.
Yeah the problem is that hardly any of these questions ever really get a good answer on these forums because people come in and start yelling to use the search bar. Hardly any of those threads have good information, and some never even get answered.

Also Erving, if you have a a college with an electrical engineering department, especially an older college, try to find where many of the electrical engineering books are. I have access to so many books on tube amp fundamentals, how tubes work etc etc.
Quote by Erving
look man.
your taking this way to far.
no, you threw an insult out there. you already took it too far.

Quote by Erving
the reason why i didnt look up it up on GOOGLE is cuz id rather trust you guys. and ask the professionals
trust? or because you are just too lazy to do it yourself? i'm not convinced. i suppose i'll keep an open mind at this point.

Quote by Erving
id rather ask other guitar players..then look it up google...cuz sometimes google just dosent work for me.
i find google to be extremely helpful. it's rare that i can't get great results.

Quote by Erving
so..just chill man.
i was just looking for help its not like im trying to piss on any ones face.
but that IS what you ended up doing:

"Even though you an ass"

"haha"

you know, i might have had a modicum of respect for you, if you had told Nebiru what he posted wasn't useful to you. or explained why what one of the other UGers posted was of more use. but you did not. you simply called him an ass.

pretty lazy, if you ask me.

i think i've seen all i need to see to write a report.

a word of advice:
if you don't at least TRY before you post and someone tells you to use the searchbar, either listen to them or just let it go and be thankful to the people who DO provide what you're asking for. if you continue to insult people who reply to your threads, i will continue to report you.

if you had posted even a SINGLE link yourself, then asked where to find more of the same or better, i could take you seriously. but right now, i'm much more inclined to think you're just lazy and want to use UG as your personal GOOGLE.

try taking a bit of initiative. prove me wrong, next time.

Quote by MichaelSpeer
comprende?
i understand you thinking that Erving calling nerbiru an ass SEEMED like it makes it OK to call Erving a lazy turd, but let's try to rise above that, k?

i'm not calling you out on this. just suggesting that we take the high road when dealing with people who are quick to insult. and i think if we push the threadstarters a bit more, we might be able to discourage laziness. but lets try a firm nudge at first, k?

cheers, bro.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
syk wins.

thread loses.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure