I saw a zoom g7.1ut for $220 in the music store. i was thinking of selling my boss me-20 and buying that. How's the distortion, effects, wah, amp models etc on the zoom?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
i suggest watching for a used one on the bay or craigslist. i like that zoom pedal and i like multi-effects but 200 is way too much to pay. alot of people will say buy seperate pedals but i like multi pedals. you can find that same one used for about half the price. go to the shop and ask to play with it for a minute. also keep in mind that all the sounds you hear can be tweeked and manipulated.
well ebay here sucks... isnt $220 a good deal? original price is $299...
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I think it's a good deal. Those Zoom are a million light years from what thye old ones used to be. Distorsions are OK, with the Extreme distorsion being a tru gem if tou go for high and ultr high gain sounds. Amp models are also good, personally, I prefer L6 but Yoom has done a good job with the Mesa and Fender models. The FX area is quite good actually, the hermonizer being something that that stands out in this machine, I really liked it, delays and reverbs are also very nice abd useful. And finally the Wah is usable but in my criteria is the lower point in this unit.

Back in the day it was this or a POD XT Live, I went with the later because of the amps models wich was what I was looking for at the time, still, I prefer many of the FX in the G7 to those in the POD (talking of MOD FXs here).

I think is a real good deal you have there.