It's a synthy fuzz sound.

Actual effects used are a Sovtek Big Muff and an Akai Deep Impact Synth. There may be more, but those are the primary two.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
It's a fuzz effect really, not sure what you'd be able to get with the multi effects or the EQ's to be honest. I've never been able to get the sound without any fuzz and I've used a 5 band amp EQ to no avail. Just have a look to see if the pedals got a kinda 'fuzz' sound and work on it by ear. This is a pretty vague question if I'm honest.

EDIT: Forgot about the synth...
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
run bass through roland jp8000. or do the whole sovtek/akai thing
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Electro Harmonix Big Muff

Simple ... Get On Of Those ^^
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
Quote by J.J.Jolly

no. just no
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
erm, well, the main things you will need to get anything close to it is

-some sort of fuzz (chris uses the sovtek big muff)
- Bi-amping- this is essential to nearly any muse bass sound in songs with bass fx
- Synth pedal (chris uses akai deep impact, but there very rare now im lead to believe
- octaver- this is part of what gives it such a deep sound, along with the bi-amping.

but check out the bpotm, i think this months is on him so it might have something on it in there?
Quote by gm jack
It's a synthy fuzz sound.

Actual effects used are a Sovtek Big Muff and an Akai Deep Impact Synth. There may be more, but those are the primary two.

I'm pretty sure he didn't use the Deep Impact on the recording. He played the synth part on a keyboard. So it's a dry bass track, muffed bass track, and a keyboard synth track all mixed together.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by J.J.Jolly

Pretty much. I got the Double, works like a wet dream for Muse stuff, which is the only reason I bought it.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.