I found a used Ibanez rg350dx at daddy's in connecticut for $280...I want it as my "other guitar" to my primary telecaster. My question is that I know the tremolo wears a bit, so would getting it used be a bad idea? I can get it new for $400, and do free financing on it. I liked Rg's one level below these with the two humbuckers but I'd really like to have a whammy bar for my second guitar, just to use once in a while (wouldnt abuse it, so don't think I'll wear down the metal much)
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
as long as you can maintain the floating bridge they are a nice guitar. check your local craigslist first. 280 is a little high for used unless its perfect. you can still find a nicer one prolly cheaper on craigslist and you will be helping a fellow musician.
thanks...i'm down in ct for school though, and my parents moved to arizona....I cant find anything in CT used except for daddy's
ask the guy in the second one if he will meet you or ship for 50. that will still save you 100 at least.
that says needs to be rewired though...wouldnt that cost even more...I'm not good with wiring
yeah it will. i kinda figured ya might be handy with the soldering iron. sorry. i suggest shipping around. personaly i prefer the older ibys due to the fact they are made in korea or japan and a bit better quality. the 350dx is made in indonesia and a little less quality for the buck.
Well i hate trems, so would say dont get it. But thats just my opinion. And i feel i can give mine. since you asked.
what are some of the older ibanez's I could look at...I mean I dont have to make this purchase immediately, im still tryin to sell my agile
I'm gonna ask him what the deal is with the wiring too, cause I can do basic soldering, and if worse came to worse give to a tech, and itd cost me the same as the one at daddys
ibanez has the schematics to almost all of their guitars on their site. if you can follow a picture and solder you can rewire it lol. check out the rg320dx. i have one and love it to death. its the 350 minus the tacky pickguard. and minus the single coil in the middle. they are a few years older and mostly made in korea. you can pick one up for 120-170. if you see one you like ask for the first letter in the serial number. F= fujigen japan (best and expensive) C= cort factory in korea (mid level great guitars) I= indonesia still good guitars but not what one expects from ibanez.
thanks i appreciate your help, I'll look into that