I'm doing a project for school about materials and their uses, so I decided to do guitar strings (maybe not the best idea), but I need to find out some info about how strings are made, how they resonate and basicaly how they work.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Gah, everyone does guitar strings for Physics stuff about materials. Do something interesting. You won't actually get to play guitar in your project. Guitar strings are basically metal wire under tension. That's it.
Quote by SmarterChild
Gah, everyone does guitar strings for Physics stuff about materials. Do something interesting. You won't actually get to play guitar in your project. Guitar strings are basically metal wire under tension. That's it.

No I am the only one in the class doing it. I have too look at the bulk properties of the material and how the chemical structure allows the string to resonate how it does. This is A Level science, not some Middle school Crap
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
No I am the only one in the class doing it. I have too look at the bulk properties of the material and how the chemical structure allows the string to resonate how it does. This is A Level science, not some Middle school Crap

I mean all guitar players.

I know roughly what you have to do, I did it for A Level as well. And I was going to do guitar strings. But there's so little you can relate it to. I changed it to the properties of steel in suspension bridge cables. They have to hold much more weight and the actual construction of the cables gives you more stuff to talk about. Guitar strings doesn't give you much room for manouver, because as materials go, they're not particularly interesting. Yes, guitar is fun, but analysing the properties of guitar strings isn't. Go do something more interesting, like how the materials in the construction of jet fighters or something work.