How Is the sound and how easy is it to use? I hear alot of mixed reviews about this little piece of hardware. Id think it would be a great way to get into my computer. Considering i would have a choice of using or not using the gearbox software. Anyone have any recordings that they could share with me so i i could hear the quality? Thanks
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
It's not proffesional quality in my opinion but it is very decent sounding and easy to use. My only problem is that the distortion always sounds a bit tinny but that's just me :P

I've got a few recordings using my toneport on www.myspace.com/garyd1991
If you've got a decent computer, go for it, you'll love it
otherwise you'll be tearing your hair out from the latency
Well, I'd recommend it. I've been using the UX2 for some 3 years now, I'm recording everything through it. Like with every gear, it takes some time to get hang of how to geed good tones out of it.

Checkout a song called Hindsight on my profile
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Keskimaki/

All guitar, bass and vocal tracks are recorded with the Toneport.
Last edited by Keskimaki at Nov 26, 2008,
it shouldnt really matter what computer you've got.. it's processed on the toneport not the PC? Latencys gonna be daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayumn low

I love my toneport, i'd reccomend it. lots of fun
i got a song on my profile that i recorded with my toneport and i think it's very decent quality
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
it shouldnt really matter what computer you've got.. it's processed on the toneport not the PC? Latencys gonna be daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayumn low

i got a song on my profile that i recorded with my toneport and i think it's very decent quality

when I conenct it to my oldish pc, i get about half second latency
but my new laptop gives me actally zilch.

I dunno, I just put 2 and 2 together that way
Toneport review:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12375338&postcount=28

Do they work? Yes
How is the sound? Fair, but not great

I tend to call these "idea interfaces" because they are not great for the price. The preamps are quite noisy and gearbox doesnt do a good job.

I suggest spending a little more and going with a proper interface such as an EMU 0202, 0404, or PreSonus Inspire 1394. For software you can use Guitar Rig.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER

I think the sound you got there is pretty damn good for something so inexpensive...im not expecting amazing results...but from what i hear that aint half bad...plus ive got myself an sm57 and a nice amplifier to mic into it if i dont like the onboard sounds...i figure even if gearbox doesnt get me an amazing tone the least this thing will do is work as a descent audio interface
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Personally, I'd go with something else, as moody said. Gearbox isn't great, not great preamps and the USB connection is 1.1. There's better on the market, I view the Toneports as a bit of a gimmick to be honest.
There is poetry in despair.