56 35%
Fallout 3
90 56%
Other game (put it in your post)
16 10%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
I have $60.

I am getting either of these games. I like really realistic, heavy firing-feeling games, mostly FPS's. I like RPGs but not the turn-by-turn style stuff. I've heard you can turn that off in Fallout 3 but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Both, maybe? I would have to collect some more cash-money but if it's worth it and they are about equally as good...

DECIDE FOOLS (or at least provide insight)
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Last edited by Firequacker at Nov 26, 2008,
I'd go with Fallout 3 cause' i just asked this question in the gaming form and they said it is amazing.
Sail upon the open skies
From the type of games you said you like I'd get Gears of War 2, Fallout 3 may not be shootery (not a word but I'l use it anyway) enough for you. Or what the guy above me said
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
The online for Gears is pretty bad I hear, and glitchy. I've played it and it wasn't anything special to me. Fallout 3 is amazing though.

EDIT: its a lot like oblivion too, if you've ever played that.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']

How is it anything like oblivion? Except from being an RPG made by the same company.

I think he means that it was made by the same people who made oblivion.
Sail upon the open skies
fallout is incredible but can be tedious if you dont like that style of game
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']

How is it anything like oblivion? Except from being an RPG made by the same company.
By doing naught but replacing scroll-type menus with computer, swords/bows/magic with guns and a new story.
The controls are even almost the same.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
fallout ftw
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by Ovenman
By doing naught but replacing scroll-type menus with computer, swords/bows/magic with guns and a new story.
The controls are even almost the same.

Troll harder, and play the previous games of the series.

It's a very good sequel to Fallout 2, which was the coolest RPG I've ever played.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']

its a lot like oblivion, except for the weapons, there isn't a fatigue or magic, and the V.A.T.S.

They both have a main story that you can choose to follow or not, a lot of skillls are the same, talking to people and attacking with melee weapons is the same, fast traveling, maps, etc. It's not an identical copy but they're similar. Basically, if you like Oblivion then you'll like Fallout.
Rent them and see which game u like better.. Or just buy gears and put fallout on your hardrive
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Troll harder.

It's a very good sequel to Fallout 2, which was the coolest RPG I've ever played.
So you don't admit I have a point.
Grrr.
This will be how WW3 starts...
EDIT: I love oblivion and Fallout 3 anyway - why are we arguing about this?
DOUBLEEDITTOCOMBATYOURS: I didn't mean it was a rip off - they're just quite similar.
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
Last edited by Ovenman at Nov 26, 2008,
Gears of War. It has a ****ing chainsaw attatched to a gun.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by HohnJ723
its a lot like oblivion, except for the weapons, there isn't a fatigue or magic, and the V.A.T.S.

They both have a main story that you can choose to follow or not, a lot of skillls are the same, talking to people and attacking with melee weapons is the same, fast traveling, maps, etc. It's not an identical copy but they're similar. Basically, if you like Oblivion then you'll like Fallout.

So, you mean the interface, and game engine? Sure, if you choose what games you like based off technicalities like that, it's a prefectly good point.

And the engine is great, as a highly worked up version from the one in Oblivion, the best I've seen in a first person RPG.

And Oblivion was great too.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']So, you mean the interface, and game engine? Sure, if you choose what games you like based off technicalities like that, it's a prefectly good point.

And the engine is great, the best I've seen in a first person RPG.

And Oblivion was great too.

i'm not saying there not good, because I liked both of them, it's just that they're a lot alike.
Im not a huge gamer, but am thoroughly addicted to the multiplayer on Call Of Duty World At War!
If realistic is what you're after then those games are obviously correct choice.

</sarcasm>

In all seirousness, go for Fallout.. Much better and it'll keep you tuned for a good while.
I went and bought fallout, it's an amazing world, the NPC's, the weapons, the feel of the game is great.

I haven't gotten very far yet, kinda laid it aside for a while, but I think I would have gotten Gears 2 if I could change my mind. It's got multiplayer (without xbox LIVE it's almost a waste of money imo) and Fallout doesn't seem to last as long as Oblivion did after you've completed the main storyline.

But they're both great games, surely. You should get one of them then save some money to buy the other one later.
Haven't played Gears, but the new Fallout is amazing.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I like gears 2; It's basically Gears 1 with a different story line more guns and enemies and horde mode. Horde mode is the sh*t.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Gears. ****ing brilliant. But then again, I've heard Fallout is too. But Gears 2 has Cole.

Cole= the ****ing man.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
i got fallout 3 the other day and its one of the best games iv played, theres so much to do.
just get one now and the other for crimbo.
Fallout 3 definately.

And to those who are saying Call of Duty World at War, get out.
DANK MEMES
Gears 2.
Or else wait for Resident Evil 5. It will be epic.
By the way, anyone know when that's coming out?
I throw myself into the sea,
Release the wave,
Let it wash over me
To face the fears, I once believed
Tears of the Dragon, for you, and for me...
Quote by 1337s933k
Gears 2.
Or else wait for Resident Evil 5. It will be epic.
By the way, anyone know when that's coming out?

Next year.
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
Fallout 3 was a really slow starter for me... I got mega bored with it and played something else for a while. Then I went back to Fallout, and it got incredibly addictive, it's a really good game, and the FPS action is good, and the VATS system adds to it, rather than taking anything away.

Havn't played Gears because I don't own a 360, but the first game was awesome, so I reckon the second game would be just as good, and I'd probably be more tempted to go with Gears... but that's just my personal preference
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by deluded_reality
How about Left 4 Dead?

This is also good. Resi 5, however, will kick the **** out of everything.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Page 1 of 2