I'm getting a new amp soon and I was looking at the Raven RG60 Combo amp (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Raven-RG60-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-104622659-i1385073.gc) it seems pretty good for the price. Is it worth getting or should I look at something else? I only have about $200 or so to work with so I can't get anything uber great. I'm looking for a hard rock kind of sound (AC/DC, Led, GnR, Aerosmith etc.) It should have ok distortion because I only have one pedal and I'm about to get rid of it because I'm sick of playing metal.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Check out the Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr and Vox AD series.

I haven't tried any Ravens, but I haven't heard good things about them, all of the ones I mentioned before should be much better sounding for your styles.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I would much rather see you get a Vox Valvetronix hybrid - you can get a killer sounding one at $200, you'll be really happy with it compared to the Raven.

Also, think about looking for a used one to go even cheaper (i.e. c*slist)
I heard the Vox AD30VT and I think it sounds pretty good plus it has a lot of effects.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Check out the Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr and Vox AD series.

I haven't tried any Ravens, but I haven't heard good things about them, all of the ones I mentioned before should be much better sounding for your styles.

+1

Also I have demo'ed them and there one of the worst I have played actually. The mg puts it to shame....

And they look super cheaply made...