So i have a Gibson Les Paul Studio for my chunky sounds but i want a decent guitar with single coils, i really like tele's and was looking at the highway one version and was wondering if it is as good as everyone makes it out to be.
I was thinking about a nice jazz guitar but im only 5 foot 9 lol so id look a fool with one
are there any other decent sigle coiled guitars (not necessarily tele's) for around £600 dunno what tht is in dollars, just under double but american brands cost more in England
oh and I hate strats by the way so they are out fo the question :P
Origanally Posted by freedoms_stain
Live webcam shows.
The bigger and blacker the dildo, the more cash.

Originally Posted by neopowell
Holy Christ I haven't laughed that hard since I bummed that clown. Well done!
Why don't you actually try a telecaster out, instead of sitting on your arse and looking at them.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Why don't you actually try a telecaster out, instead of sitting on your arse and looking at them.

because the closest guitar store that would get one in is around 70 miles away
Live webcam shows.

Well, you have to try it before you buy it don't you? So just go and give it a bash one day. I wouldn't recommend buying a guitar you hadn't played.

Strats are great...give them another go.

Also, Brian Moore guitars are fantastic, and I think there are less expensive version that come with single coil / hb combinations...as do some ibanez's...if I'm not mistaken.
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
You don't need to be a tower to play a jazz guitar.

no but the only time ive ever properly played one i was told i looked a complete idiot with it lol
Live webcam shows.

The teles are amazing, I am not a big strat fan either. If you want a crisp bright tone with lots of warmth on the neck pickup the tele is for you. You will have to try it out first for sure, some of them are a bit twangy through certain amps. I put the EMG-S in my neck for the tele sound on my jackson and the SA for a strat sound and the 81 for lead.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 26, 2008,
i hate the look of strats, they make me physicaly puke
Live webcam shows.

Are you sure you don't just hate Strats because they're popular and you wanna be a nonconformist?
I would get something with a coil tap...so you kinda get both chunky and light in one...of course a strat/tele would get you a brighter sound, bu thats my opinion.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
i do actually think it may have something to do with the fact that EVERYONE has a crap strat and it has most certainly scarred me with the image of aweful fender rip offs
Live webcam shows.

My advice then is this: make sure you try as many guitars as you can, including a strat or two. There's a reason they're iconic.
Quote by jolleymuse
no but the only time ive ever properly played one i was told i looked a complete idiot with it lol

if you're not fat and black, you will.

Just go out with a friend and goof off at that 70 mile store for 2 hours and try all the guitar there until you find one on Saturday.
Why not jut install a coil tap on the LP and avoid shelling out $600? That way, you get the sound you want, you're instantly familiar with the new setup, and you won't break the bank.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Why not jut install a coil tap on the LP and avoid shelling out $600? That way, you get the sound you want, you're instantly familiar with the new setup, and you won't break the bank.

because that would kind of ruin my lp and i want a new guitar anyway, i get urges if i haven't bought something guitar related in a while :P
Live webcam shows.