ryt after two months of virtually starting guitar again i have come to the conclusion i must be doing something wrong.

how the hell do am i suppose to start using a metranome!

its so damn hard!
wtf! i cant even find a decent metranome on the internet apart from that one ya type in on google.

but its so hard!!!!! to keep in time what do u suggest i do?
plus i cant find an online metronome???????? what should i do?
Last edited by gooooog at Nov 26, 2008,
I've never found metronomes to help, if you want to learn a song, listen to it so long until you know the melody and than you're timing will be right on.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I've never found metronomes to help, if you want to learn a song, listen to it so long until you know the melody and than you're timing will be right on.

don't listen to this guy. metronomes help tremendously, but the results aren't immediate. you have to take the piece and play it slower and go faster in small increments only when you can play the piece clean
so i just start slow and work up ryt? do i play anything in particular?
Whatever you want to work on. It could be scales, or a song you are learning, or a part you have envisioned but can't quite play it as you have it thought up. You should ALWAYS use a metronome when really practicing. If you get tired of a metronome a drum machine can be alot more fun too!
Quote by rojomeansred
Whatever you want to work on. It could be scales, or a song you are learning, or a part you have envisioned but can't quite play it as you have it thought up. You should ALWAYS use a metronome when really practicing. If you get tired of a metronome a drum machine can be alot more fun too!

do u know any websites that emulate drum machines?
my god its hard!... i dont know why it aint natural?... so what speed do u suggest starting on and what should i play?

also i want to learn how to follow a drum kit but this seems even harder?
^ A metronome is the same as a drum kit, in that it keeps time. Unless you've got a rubbish drummer...
I'd just go ahead and buy one. They're quite cheap, and they are absolutely invaluable.
only u know what u wanna/need to work on

try taping your foot with the beat of the metranome
Quote by Section 5
^ A metronome is the same as a drum kit, in that it keeps time. Unless you've got a rubbish drummer...
I'd just go ahead and buy one. They're quite cheap, and they are absolutely invaluable.

buy what a drum kit, metronome or drum mahcine?