hey, I've been playing guitar for nearly 4 years now and have had the same amp for about 3 and am sick of it. I currently own a Fender G-DEC 15watts amp.
I have a jackson warrior with a floyd rose and EMG 81/85 pick ups.

I'm looking into getting rid of the fender amp for something better hopefully. I have a budget of around 250$ to 300$ but might be able to go up to around a MAXIMUM of 500$ but if I can get something good around 300$ would be best . I also don't mind investing in let's say an amp with pratically no effects but an excellent clean tone and getting some good pedals later on or something like that.

I mostly play metal in the ranges of some Children Of Bodom, Behemoth, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth and many others (those are just the ones that come to mind now). I play the occasionnal classic rock songs and blues too.

I only need a small amp for bedroom use and maybe the occasionnal jam with a friend or 2!

I would like some tips on what kind of amps would be best for my musical tastes and for my budget. if you need additional info just ask and i'll answer as best as I can. I really don't know much about amps and effects since i've been using the same stuff for ever Thank you for your advice
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
ss or tube doesn't really matter as longs as the sound is right
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win
And Thanks S.Y.N for the help I'm really looking into that amp
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win
SS amps aren't going to do that guitar any justice. Try a Peavey VK112 if you can, it's a love/hate amp but I thought it was pretty good for the price new. Also check craigslist often to see what pops up.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
most amps under $300 are not going to be much of an improvement over your current amp.

save up until you've got at least double that before you make an investment.

anything cheaper than about $600, you're just going to want to replace again.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
most amps under $300 are not going to be much of an improvement over your current amp.

save up until you've got at least double that before you make an investment.

anything cheaper than about $600, you're just going to want to replace again.

I love it how the good stuff is always so damn expensive lol
What could I get If I save up and put around 600$ ?! I don't enything overly powerfull all I want is good tone and of course enough power to anoy the **** out off my neighbours
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win