sound really stupid, but im a beginner on electric guitar and i really want to get into it and know everythik i can about anythink to do with guitar, so i signed up on this website to get to know a few unaswered questions i had and one i have that may sound really stupid and Noobish as people say but, here it is

Q. Ive heard alot about pedals for your elctric guitar and pedal board etc. people making there own and choosing pedals to go on it etc. i just wanted to know what are all these pedals for? what do they do? do i need them? whats a pedal board? etc etc anythink on pedals and that really

sorry again but i really need and want to know these things and cant help looking stupid asking

thanks.
Pedals modify the sound on your guitar.
With out them, just playing through an amp with no built-in effects, you just get a clean tone sound on your guitars.
With pedals, you can add distortion (the cliche rock and roll sound) Flange and Phase (Those sweeping sounds tht Eddie Van Halen seems to love), Chorus (that heavenly choir sound), tremello (which creates siezures), all kinds of things. Ask someone at your local music store about them. Some guitar centers have stations where you can try out a bunch of pedals too.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
In these cases your best bet is to pick up a multi and learn what each effect actually does. Then you can decide what you really like and set up a single pedal board from there.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yeah as Shukman said they just modify your sound. You get distortion, and all other effects like whammy, wah-wah and etc.
A pedalboard is just a board that connects and organizes your pedals to make them easier to use.

Like this.

You don't NEED them. At least not yet, but some are pretty cool to have. e.g a Wah-Wah pedal.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
so you can get some amps with effects built in, is that right? but its better to have pedals as theyll have more of an effect on what sound you want to create e.g wah wah, distortian etc. also you can build up a board with pedals that you like etc? and pedals are used to create different sounds in different songs? is all this right?
Yeah, you seem to have a pretty good grasp on it all.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
Yeah, you seem to have a pretty good grasp on it all.

i really like this site i seem to be learning alot already, so i'll only need pedals for certain songs really, its right you can get pedals that loop certain part of what you play? and i'll need like a wah wah pedal for say lyk 'jimi hendrix - vodoo child (slight return)' and 'The Stone Roses - Fools Gold' and once i have pedals that match all the songs etc i get a board

is it right i an just make my own board out of wood and a slap of paint? then add what pedals i want ?
You don't necessarily need to paint your pedal board. What i did was cut out the piece of wood, then i covered it in a carpet like material. I then put Velcro on the bottoms of each of my pedals and stick them on there.
Quote by veniceking
You don't necessarily need to paint your pedal board. What i did was cut out the piece of wood, then i covered it in a carpet like material. I then put Velcro on the bottoms of each of my pedals and stick them on there.

cheers man suppose you'll be able to get the velcro strips pretty cheap ay? well i suppose i check them all out nearer the time, thanks for the help, another one of my question have been answered, cheers ppl