what are your thoughts on the spider valve in comparison to other valve amps around the same price?

im thinking of getting one you see (the spider valve 112 model).

so let me know what you think....or recommend any that are better for the same price.

thanks
Meh, it's so-so, but overpriced.

What style of music do you play, what is your budget, and where do you live?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I hate the all digital spiders, but all of the Line 6 bogner designed tube amps I've played sound really good. I was very surprised.
I know there not out yet but try the vypyr tube's. The SS ones are much better than the line 6 SS ones so hoprfully the tubes will be better too. And there are cheaper than line 6.
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
the sound im going for is black sabbath, acdc, airbourne, metallica....etc.

someone suggested getting an orange tiny terror, but im not so sure, to me it looks like its lacking in terms of effects and overall tone....am i wrong?
The Spider Valves are capable of some pretty good sounds, but if you're not planning on equally playing tons of genres, many other amps in its price range will be better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Really the Tiny Terror would be good for what you're looking for, as far as Sabbath and AC/DC go, wouldn't get to Metallica without a boost of some sort, I just can't justify paying as much as Orange want's for their products.

As for effects, you'd probably end up getting indevidual pedals and bypassing the Spiders, as I've heard they are not great, but I'm not too up on effects, so let someone else tell you that before you listen to me.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Tiny Terror head or combo and an EQ pedal can do pretty much anything.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
I bought a spider valve 112 the other day as a replacement guitar amp after spending three years at university. Previously to this I had a Marshall DSL 50 with a 4*12 cab, which was awesome just took up too much room.

I thought the spider valve would be the best option as my taste in music is diverse in which i play and I wanted all options. I spent a few days playing with the amp as i am between jobs and had plenty of time. I was far from impressed with the amp! I found the interfaces made it really hard to pick up and just play, which I know is not what this amp is intended for but surely this is important.

but my main concern which really made it hard to work around, was every time you change the amp model settings the change in volume was outrageous.

I think the idea behind the amp is awesome and i have no doubt that if you have the patience to set the whole thing up for yourself then it can be very rewarding. But for me this is no stand in for any real full valve amp after all whatever you input into this amp it has to go through digital wiring at some point....

So i made the decision to work out what I would be playing mostly which is blues and classic rock and I bought a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue; which does exactly what it says on the tin and sounds incredible!!!!!

Gear:

1991 Fender Strat Ultra
2000 Gibson SG Standard