Do you guys know anything about the gibson les paul jr. special? How much did these used to run for new? I found one on craigslist and the guy wants to trade for either an SG or a les paul studio (I've got a les paul studio). His jr. special is also from 1991.

Anyone think this is a good deal for me? I'm considering asking him to come over so that I could try it out.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Bad deal.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Why are you trading away the LPS? I'm looking into getting one, and was wondering, yeah, why? Anything to tell me about it?
Quote by ginjaninja
Why are you trading away the LPS? I'm looking into getting one, and was wondering, yeah, why? Anything to tell me about it?

No I actually like my les paul studio a lot, it's also an early 90s one. I've heard back then that les paul studios were pretty much the exact same guitars as regular les pauls, except for lesser cosmetics. They are also considered better than current les paul studios I'm pretty sure. It's a great guitar, but I just thought why not trade it if I can get a higher end les paul?

But yeah, before making this thread, I was accidentally seeing reviews of the les paul jr. special PLUS, which got really good ratings. After realizing that I was looking at reviews of the wrong guitar, I looked at reviews and saw that the les paul jr. special realy isn't all that great.

So yeah I'm not doing it.

But try out the les paul studio in a store first to see if you like it. Mine has an ebony fretboard, so it's got a brighter and punchier sound than rosewood fretboard les pauls. Mine also has higher output pickups than the stock ones, which makes it even more bright and punchy.

I'd recommend using craigslist/ebay to get one from the early to mid 90s with an ebony fretboard.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
les paul juniors ... the most awesome guitar in existance? lpjr are so kick ass

if his is a gibson and yours is an epiphone, do it!

if they're both epiphone dont do it ...

epi lpj are only 79 pounds
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
LP Juniors and Specials are great, but you could easily find a better deal than that.
Specials are like stripped down studios kinda.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.