Poll: Do you trust charities associated with religous groups?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you trust charities associated with religous groups?
Yes
18 17%
No
61 59%
Depends on the religon
24 23%
Voters: 103.
Religion is a cult.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
No, they use all their money to pay for human sacrifices. Duh.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Well you know a lot of the time, they use it to fund the construction/ improvement of their interplanetary spacecrafts.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
no
One of them sent me an envelope in the mail to donate and they gave me a free nickel to persuade me to donate
Most of them I completely trust. Then again there are some bad eggs in there.

Seriously though? Bashing religion in the 2nd post? You should probably stick to answering the question like other people, and not just try to bash religion. It gets really old, really quick when you go off-topic like that. I know this question has to do with religion, but it's if you trust charities or not.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Last edited by Ticket48 at Nov 26, 2008,
pends on the Religion.. I have a certain amount of trust for like a christian foundation..

I wouldn't give my money to " The church of Satan institute for children who can't read good, and want to learn to do other stuff good too foundation"
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
I judge charities based on what they do, not with whom they're affiliated.
Death to Ovation haters!
You never know where the hell your money is going with any charity.

You give it to the red cross - it most likely ends up with some warlord from gumbo bongo bongo land. - Seriously, when it hits africa you are doomed - 100% of people are corrupt!
No, I don't trust reigion to start with, I'll belive in what I belive and how I belive in It thank you, thank god i'm agnostic And so I don't trust anything to do with these religions.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Depends who runs it... The Jehovah's witness? No! The vatican? Yes. Even thou I despises the vatican, the charity work they do is truly magnificent. I've actually got the opportunity to see some of the Vatican's charity work in India, and it seemed like it was really helpful.
^^Sigg Me? Pleeassse! , but in all seriousness, I belive their is someone who started it all, but I see religion and all its devices as an excuse for segrigation and war! And so I don't trust religious charities.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
All charities can suck my dick, they can get their own damn money, I don't give hobo's anything either
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by davedoom
You never know where the hell your money is going with any charity.

You give it to the red cross - it most likely ends up with some warlord from gumbo bongo bongo land. - Seriously, when it hits africa you are doomed - 100% of people are corrupt!

You are very, very stupid. I assume you don't have any basic understanding how the serious charity organizations work.
Quote by kaihansen
You are very, very stupid. I assume you don't have any basic understanding how the serious charity organizations work.

I wasn't being totally serious - i know the work they do and how hard their volunteers work since i know family members who have done that.

I'm not very, very stupid - more fool you to make hasty assumptions - though ok to have a mild go at me!
Quote by Putrefaction
All charities can suck my dick, they can get their own damn money, I don't give hobo's anything either

What a surprise.
Death to Ovation haters!
Any except Scientology...

What? Their charity is themselves!
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

What the hell is with people in this thread? If a charity is promoting supplying aid to a country that has recently suffered a devestating earthquake, but they happen to be religiously based, you wouldn't trust them?!

I give up, seriously the world is retarded.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Why wouldn't I?

This.

In fact, many (if not, most) reputable charities are done by religious groups. Salvation Army anyone?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by kaihansen

There is some truth in what he says. The other day I read a BBC interview of an African man, and he wasn't too fond of charities because it ends up making the African politicians rich while the really poor continue poor.

Edit: So this isn't spam, I only donate to my church or school and the charities they advertise/support. I trust those establishments.
Some religious put "conditions" on the type of aid they will provide and to whom.

Historically, for example, Catholic charities refused to provide or promote any form of birth control, such as condoms, to HIV suffering developing countries on religious grounds.
Whether a charity is religious or not, is irrelevant. How they actually manage their funds is what matters.
I dont know about religous ones, but I know someone who worked for some telamarketing company that would call you a collect money for some breast cancer thing. And they kept like 87% of all the money they got.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
I trust most, yes.

I am agnostic, but most of the work that the Catholic church does is really good.

Of course, I'd rather use my money to start my own charity, which I plan to do in a few years.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
no
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Considering the fact I don't trust religion, I also don't trust religous charities.
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

Depends on the charity, not the religion itself. I trust the ones that I would personally have a hand in - Saint Anthony's dining hall in San Francisco is a good one, because you're actually feeding the homeless people.

The way I see it, if you're THAT distrustful of a charity, work for it and see what actually happens.
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
I tend to not trust anything "religious." But, there are still good people out there, it just depends on the group.
You're*
No because they use their religion to try to sort of 'extort' you into giving them money and/or feel guilty, and it pisses me off.

Like that Christian Children fund ****, every commercial they try to make you feel so bad for not giving the kids money, and they make it seem like you'd go to hell or are doing something un-christian if you don't give money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some legit charities out there, but there are more dickhead ones then there are good ones.

By the way I'm not religious at all if that matters to anyone.