Hey guys, just a quick question to see if anyone out where who has experience with electromagnets/transformers can answer it

When putting the turns of coil around the iron core, do they need to be tight to the surface or is it okay for there to be air inbetween? Would it change the efficiency?
Not for certain, but it seems like they should be tight as possible. The closer the better and whatnot. See, now I'm all interested so I have to find out.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm guessing if the coils were closer to the iron core then it would dirupt the magnetic field more and thus create a stronger magnet.
Corona Corona
Quote by philipisabeast
Hey guys, just a quick question to see if anyone out where who has experience with electromagnets/transformers can answer it

When putting the turns of coil around the iron core, do they need to be tight to the surface or is it okay for there to be air inbetween? Would it change the efficiency?

You want it to be as tight as you can to be efficient as possible. Or else you'll get unwanted resistance in your current and **** some **** up.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.