I got my Vox 847a wah today, and it's pretty nice, especially clean.

But it's hard to push down the full way to turn it on/off. I can get like a half click, which can do it, but sometimes it gets stuck on that half click and will completely kill the signal. I can use my thumb to click it down the full way easily. I think it's because the little rubber feet on the bottom of the treadle are too long and there's just no way to get it down the full way.

Any way to fix that?
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
gently sand the feet little by little until you are able to get the feeling you want.
it will wear in a bit, just give it time.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Lube
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Actually now it's starting to wear in a little bit.

How hard is it to True Bypass mod this? I'm noticing a little treble loss...
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
alot of guys like every pedal to have true bypass, except there wahs. they like the little bit on treble loss. i know ive seen joe bonomassa mention that before.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Do you sit or stand when you play? I find it easier to shut off my wah when I'm standing (though I can still do it when I sit).
Saint Louis Blues
The true bypass mod is pretty easy to do. And there are plenty of other good mods you can do at the same time. But simply loosening the nut on the switch and adjusting it is alot better than coins or cutting the snubbers down.
I sit, which does make it harder, but if it's close enough to me I can do it.

Isn't the only easy mod to do on the 847a true bypass?
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Quote by chea_man
alot of guys like every pedal to have true bypass, except there wahs. they like the little bit on treble loss. i know ive seen joe bonomassa mention that before.

I've never heard that before, what was his reasoning for that? (I'm asking seriously, not sarcastically)

I can't see any reason people would want to have tone loss when their wah is not turned on.
I really had to stomp on my wah to get it to shut off. Watch how Eric Clapton moves his leg in this video to turn his on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq6r23-le5o. You won't break the switch if you stomp on it a little.

Quote by al112987
I've never heard that before, what was his reasoning for that? (I'm asking seriously, not sarcastically)

I can't see any reason people would want to have tone loss when their wah is not turned on.

It's not so much "tone" loss as treble loss. It's almost simliar to a high cut when you use a pedal that has a decent buffer to remove a little treble from your signal. People automatically assume that if something isn't true bypass then it isn't a good pedal. While true bypass does help maintain the original clarity of your signal, most people (unless they've compared the setups side by side) wouldn't notice a huge signal change apart from a little bit of treble loss.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Last edited by VoodooCow229 at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by GuyWithOneEye
I got my Vox 847a wah today, and it's pretty nice, especially clean.

But it's hard to push down the full way to turn it on/off. I can get like a half click, which can do it, but sometimes it gets stuck on that half click and will completely kill the signal. I can use my thumb to click it down the full way easily. I think it's because the little rubber feet on the bottom of the treadle are too long and there's just no way to get it down the full way.

Any way to fix that?

I'm having the same issue. What do the rubber feet look like on yours? Can you take a pic and post it here and we can compare? (I don't have access to a camera right now) Mine look like one large foot with 2 small ones stacked on them on both sides...