Okay, my band need a name ... we're a pop punk three peice (although we got my friend, Joe, to be our second guitarist live as I record two guitars in the studio). We haven't got a name for our band and we're getting really well-known amongst all the local band scouts ... so, any ideas?

We was thinking ... short and sweet and something that sounds cool
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
*Sigh* I'll say this gently before someone attacks you, use the 'ONLY Band Name' thread. You'll find it near the top of the Bandleading thread list (it's the third one). Good luck.
Quote by EL2T
*Sigh* I'll say this gently before someone attacks you, use the 'ONLY Band Name' thread. You'll find it at the top of the Bandleading thread list. Good luck.

oh thanks ... i should really use the searchbar
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
We haven't got a name for our band and we're getting really well-known amongst all the local band scouts ... so, any ideas?

This sounds weird. First, I'm curious as to how you become well-known to *anyone* if you're not gigging. Or are you gigging, but you still don't have a name? I don't get it.

Second... local band scouts? What are they? Who are they? Who are they scouting for? I've never heard of local band scouts.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
This sounds weird. First, I'm curious as to how you become well-known to *anyone* if you're not gigging. Or are you gigging, but you still don't have a name? I don't get it.

Second... local band scouts? What are they? Who are they? Who are they scouting for? I've never heard of local band scouts.

CT

Yeah, I was wondering that.
Are band scouts like sea scouts? I was a sea scout.... but my tent sank.
Quote by axemanchris

CT

we have a name, but we dont want it ... cuz we just said a random word when we got asked what our name was and it just came out as the fits
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
we have a name, but we dont want it ... cuz we just said a random word when we got asked what our name was and it just came out as the fits

The Fits? That's not a bad name, nice and short, catchy, how about a 'z' instead of a 's'?
The Fitz.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
The Fits? That's not a bad name, nice and short, catchy, how about a 'z' instead of a 's'?
The Fitz.

we would, but there is a punk band called the fits.

and by the way, we now have 10 gigs in our local scene in december :O
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
and by the way, we now have 10 gigs in our local scene in december :O

Forgive my elitism, but you are using somebody else's amp aren't you?
Quote by Retro Rocker
Forgive my elitism, but you are using somebody else's amp aren't you?

unfortunatley no, but its the only amp that shops sell within about a 2 hour drive. and i am pretty poor... but im thinking of saving up for some kind of stack soon. and its not like im a competition with other band's guitarist because they all use line 6 spiders aswell (possible for the same reason i have one)
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
we would, but there is a punk band called the fits.

Yeah but they split over 20 years ago (1985) and were only really well known in the UK Indie Chart.
That's why I mentioned changing the 's' for a 'z' because it would allow you to differentiate between your band and a band that were going 20 years ago with a mediocre following.
Nothing, if it has the sound you're looking for.

For some people, NO modelling amp has the sound they're looking for.

Another thing.... I don't know if this applies to the Line6 *amps*, but the Pods and V-Amps and stuff I found to be a bit dodgy live. I used one for a while, and it was *really* handy. Problem was, we played one venue with dodgy power. If power gets interrupted for a split second to your amp, the amp probably won't notice much. If power gets interrupted for a split second to a computer, it has to reboot. My modeller went down at least three times during this gig, and each time, I lost my sound for about six whole seconds while it rebooted.

THAT never happened again.....

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Ah right i see. Makes sense i suppose. Cant really blame the line 6 for the crappy power lol
iv got a line 6 spider and think its great. I suppose i dont use it live like but its got a clear kick ass tone to it. hundreds of possible setups and i think im gonna purchase the new Line 6 footboard. looks amazing and probably is (^_^)!m!
Quote by GangsterLi
Okay, my band need a name ... we're a pop punk three peice (although we got my friend, Joe, to be our second guitarist live as I record two guitars in the studio). We haven't got a name for our band and we're getting really well-known amongst all the local band scouts ... so, any ideas?

We was thinking ... short and sweet and something that sounds cool

Jesus Christ you sound like Sum 41.
xD
I would suggest a fender amp of some sort. Even though they're made for cleaner sounds, if you get a nice pedal, you can get some sick distortion out of them.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Nah. It has its place in my recording setup as a possible tool. I resurrected my trusty 2x12 cab and bought an Randall head.

CT

BAHAHAHAH IT'S CALLED SUICIDE CLUB :HAHA:

Anyway's..
a little lost.....
Quote by axemanchris
Nah. It has its place in my recording setup as a possible tool. I resurrected my trusty 2x12 cab and bought an Randall head.

CT

Huh, boring

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Huh, boring

CT

Quote by redflag_ppl
Call your band what it is....NONAME,,,,hahahah :P

That was about as funny as a brain tumour.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Id say go with the Fitz. No problem with rippin off an old name, thats so punk rock . People will think youre the more punk of the two.
It does kinda make me laugh though cus theres a coach at local highschool here named Fitzgerald. Everybody calls him the Fitz. Maybe you should get a different name just to make sure hes not the one to sue you when you get famous.