Hey guys, im after a blink 182, pop punk kind of tone
So please tell me what i should do with the my current gear (shown in sig)
And suggest any FX pedals that could help out
Thanks
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
shouldnt blink 182 be a pretty straight forward tone?

just some gain and midss?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
sell your dsl50 and get either a jcm900 or a triple rec

;p
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Threads asking "How do I Get xxx's Tone?" are banned.
But.
Relatively high output semi-hollowbody with a "modern" Marshall (JCM) as opposed to a "vintage" style one (Plexi Reissue).
You will not get anybody's tone unless you have their exact rig. If you want to know that, use google.
Quote by xander307
Hey guys, im after a blink 182, pop punk kind of tone
So please tell me what i should do with the my current gear (shown in sig)
And suggest any FX pedals that could help out
Thanks

dont use an effects pedal, just turn the overdrive up to either 12 or 1 oclock. the bass and treble should be close to the same...2 or 3 oclock. cut the mid to like 10 or 11 oclock.
Whatever his name is used a strat and a Mesa Dual/Triple Recto. You're almost there.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
http://guitargeek.com/rigview/315/

Only way to be exact.

He has a pretty straight forward tone, just play along with a few songs. It won't be exact. But you can probably EQ yourself good enough.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by occub
Whatever his name is used a strat and a Mesa Dual/Triple Recto. You're almost there.

its triple not dual. and he uses an e333 semibody with dirty fingers after 2003
Idk what he uses now but I'm pretty sure he used to use Marshall JCM900 Dual Reverb and Mesa Triple Rectifier in stereo into Mesa cabinets.
i have no idea what he uses, but you should be able to get a pretty good all around pop-punk tone with what you have now.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
The DSL50 is fine. That's probably the best of the JCM2000 line. A lot of pop punk bands use them. Try keeping all the tone knobs at noon and maybe boost the mids a little, then EQ to your own taste.

Your guitar is a Strat. Tom Delonge used one, but with a SD Invader, which is not only a humbucker, but one of the worst pickups Seymour Duncan makes. He also used LPs when he recorded. If your guitar only has single coils like a normal Strat, I would suggest getting some kind of LP or SG, or a fat Strat.

A noise gate might help, a good overdrive, and an EQ pedal.
Quote by Rock Pig
Threads asking "How do I Get xxx's Tone?" are banned.
But.
Relatively high output semi-hollowbody with a "modern" Marshall (JCM) as opposed to a "vintage" style one (Plexi Reissue).
You will not get anybody's tone unless you have their exact rig. If you want to know that, use google.

REALLY?

So it play and sound amazing like Jimi Hendrix all I need is a vintage strat and some other vintage odds and ends.

Thanks...bud
Quote by kurtlives91
REALLY?

So it play and sound amazing like Jimi Hendrix all I need is a vintage strat and some other vintage odds and ends.

Thanks...bud

Don't be a dick. If you simply fret a note and Jimmy frets that same note, and you're both using the exact same guitar and amp, it will sound exactly the same. His playing and his tone are not the same thing. He can do whatever he wants with his fingers, but the base tone will be the same.
Quote by kurtlives91
REALLY?

Thanks...bud

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but you're kind of being a douche...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but you're kind of being a douche...

i think he just wanted to argue. give him a break, we all say things like that sometimes.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat

He's trying to say that tone is in the fingers. It's a stupid argument, because even Steve Vai, Hendrix, Petrucci, MAB... none of them could get a Blink tone out of their fingers unless they had at least similar gear to Tom Delonge. TS has close enough gear to get a very similar tone to what he wants, he might be in need of a humbucker though.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
The DSL50 is fine. That's probably the best of the JCM2000 line. A lot of pop punk bands use them. Try keeping all the tone knobs at noon and maybe boost the mids a little, then EQ to your own taste.

Your guitar is a Strat. Tom Delonge used one, but with a SD Invader, which is not only a humbucker, but one of the worst pickups Seymour Duncan makes. He also used LPs when he recorded. If your guitar only has single coils like a normal Strat, I would suggest getting some kind of LP or SG, or a fat Strat.

A noise gate might help, a good overdrive, and an EQ pedal.

Or you can get a stacked humbucker from SD. ie, Hot Rails, Duckbucker, Cool Rails, etc.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Ultimate settings thread... or a guitar with a humbucker.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
why the **** are people saying to boost the mids? tom delonge cuts the mids and boosts the treb and lows. see, and people are saying bull**** "blah blah unless you have the same gear blah blah..." no, stop trying to sound all smart and cool.

i posted above what you want the eq settings to be to have a blink sound. they are my biggest influence so i know the sound pretty good, take my advice. cut the mid, boost the treb and bass. get humbuckers for sure, i recommend dirty fingers humbuckers the output is so ****ing high its amazing. dont get a tom delonge signature though, thats for wannabes. besides the guitars only have one pickup and no tone dials, that just sucks
I think all that you're missing really is the humbuckers in your guitar. Do you have a fat strat? If not, you might look into getting some stacked single coils like someone else mentioned. Seymour Duncan Hot Rails are supposed to be pretty bitchin'.
Any humbucker in the bridge position should do

an the amp should have the Gain, treble and bass turned up with the middle a little lower
Your amp is good enough, keep it unless you plan to play in a Blink tribute band (even then I wouldn't bother changing it).

Just get a humbucker for your Strat if it can fit one. If not, SD Hot Rails sound pretty good right now. I would recommend putting one in the neck and bridge, just cause it's cool.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales