I just got a new chorus pedal. I hooked it up and the sound comes through to the amp fine. The problem is when I turn on the effect nothing seems to happen, the tone just stays the same.

The same happens with an old overdrive pedal I have, the lights come on indicating that it isn't a power fault, and I still get the clean tone through indicating it isn't a connection problem.

Help?
if the pedal powers up and the bypass still works, then you either mistakenly forgot to increase the level or there is something wrong with the circuitry

how new is this pedal? its probably worth your while to return it for a working version if its that new
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
It's brand new (I just bought it this morning). But I was having the same problem with my overdrive pedal which I thought might just be dead.

I have the settings turned up to max on the chorus but still nothing.
did you put the battery in?
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Yes...

The light comes on when I press the pedal on, the sound just doesn't change.
It's a Lyon by Washburn chorus pedal. It has "rate" and "depth" controls. I have both set to max just incase but I've messed about with them at various levels and nothing is happening.

I've also tried it through 2 different amps, 2 different leads, and with my guitar's volume and tone settings all over the place and nothing has made any difference.
But if it's a problem with the pedal, why am I having the same issue with my overdrive pedal?
Do you have the leads going into the inputs and outputs of the pedals correctly?

EDIT: i.e. Guitar--> pedal input, pedal output --> amp input
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Yeah I do, otherwise I wouldn't be getting any sound through the amp right? It's just the effects that aren't working.
I did this once ... I was in such a rush to get plugged in, I plugged everything in backwards.

Double check your setup ... make sure it goes, Guitar --> (OD Pedal Input) --> (OD Pedal Output) --> (Chorus Pedal Input) --> (Chorus Pedal Output) --> Amp Input

It still works because of the bypass inside the pedal ... if its true bypass the signal will still go through, but when you turn the effect on the signal is stopped. I was pissed when my brand new pedal wouldn't work; but once I found the problem it was fixed easily.

Make sure guitar goes to input and output goes to amp.
I only have one pedal in at a time while I'm trying to get it to work. It's just

Guitar > Chorus Input > Chorus Output > Amp.

The signal goes through, and when I turn on the effect the signal is still there, but it's exactly the same as before. It doesn't cut out but the Chorus effect isn't there either.

The exact same thing happens with the Overdrive pedal too. It seems like it's something really simple but I've tried everything of which I can think.
Ok, some progress (kinda).

I tried again with the chorus to no avail, same problem as before.

I tried the overdrive again, and I got it to work, but it only works with the volume and tone settings on my guitar in certain places, it cuts out and comes back on randomly as I turn them.

Could it be a problem with one of my leads maybe, or can something else cause this?

I really want to use the chorus pedal :S
what happens when you plug directly into the amp? if there is no sound try it on another amp. if there is no sound after trying it on another amp then it may be a loose or desoldered wire in the input jack
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
it looks like this

O:<--OUTPUT INPUT<-- :O

O:

So there's two Output connections, and that's how it's lined up with the writing on the pedal. Which one should I be using?

Oh and directly into the amp everything works perfectly, same as through the pedals with the effects turned off.
should be the top one, but obviously try both

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com