hey guise, i was wondering if you have weird ideas for tuning your bass too. give the most playable and amazingly odd bass tune.

mine is: from E A D G to D D D D- try this one, rocks out. tune them all down to D. :p
What would be the point? It wouldn't help with fingering, you gain 2 extra notes on the low end...

:\

It'd actually make fingering harder. Try to play a the root then a 5th with that tuning and you're screwed, especially on the lower notes...

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
oh, its not a key to play everything, man. it's a fun one to play only chords which consist of same fret sound on every string. it's very absorbing, like you had a 16 string bass.
Seems pretty useless to me IMO
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
yes sir, but if you slam every sting for example:

D- 0----3----5----6----5
D- 0----3----5----6----5
D- 0----3----5----6----5
D- 0----3----5----6----5

it owns for playing easy things which sound absorbing and majestatic, especially in the blues minor scale.
Can your hands press all the strings in 1 fret?
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
*facepalm*

ok guise, you just didnt get my point. i see this thread doesnt fit such a serious forum.
Quote by Wojtus
*facepalm*

ok guise, you just didnt get my point. i see this thread doesnt fit such a serious forum.

I got what you were doing.

it wasn't funny. now go do your failing in the pit like normal people.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I just recently started experimenting with new tunings. I play metal influenced art-rock and usually used standard and drop-d tuning. Recently though, I started using both DADA tuning and DADF tuning. Those are both very promising and groovy. You'd be surprised how flexible the hyper-symmetrical DADA tuning is.