Ok, I wanna get a nice electric for under $550 (aussie) So I have these choices so far, that I can get from my local retailer. I reckon they're alright (of course I'll go and try them before I buy 'em) but what do you guys think?

Epiphone G-400 SG (Cherry) @ $450
Epiphone Les Paul Special II (Heritage Cherry Sunburst) @ $350
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Wine Red @ $550
Squier Deluxe Series Stratocaster Rosewood - Antique @ $550

Or are there any others, that you know of that I could get in Melbourne that a nice, cheapish electrics?

I'm also thinking of just going and trying out some second-hand ones.. but the only place I know of that sells 'em, only takes the really awesomely cool ones... so they're so expensive
Out of that lot, SG400, rest of the epi, aside from teh build of the studio are crap compared.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
woah! Well.. It was my first choice, but I thought I'd ask anyway...
SG it is then (and its cheap too)
Thanx guys!
And Stratdud39, I'll take a look at the 'hss im strat', but I'mm not interested in doing any modding yet.
Thankyou for your help guys!

Cromthereaper: I will try looking in Rondomusic, but I'm not sure where it is?
Quote by mdwallin
woah! Well.. It was my first choice, but I thought I'd ask anyway...
SG it is then (and its cheap too)
Thanx guys!
And Stratdud39, I'll take a look at the 'hss im strat', but I'mm not interested in doing any modding yet.
Thankyou for your help guys!

Cromthereaper: I will try looking in Rondomusic, but I'm not sure where it is?

rondomusic.com, they sell a brand called Agile guitars, which are quality instruments.

He mean the HSS Mim Strat, which is a Fender Stratocaster with a bridge humbucker and single coil middle and neck pickups (Humbucker-Single-Single = HSS). The Mim means it's made in Mexico ($400) as opposed to Made in America (MIA) which costs a lot more. But that's US dollars, so it's probably out of your range.

Check out some Agile guitars, but the G-400 is a good model.