I'm somewhat new to improvising and all this solo writting and everything.I had a thread before asking how to get started,i learned quite a lot from that.Now I'm confused about phrasing and making the solos sound more "natural" and flowing.Is there some sort of way i can learn to improve my phrasing and make my solos sound nicer?

info:
I've been playing guitar for about 2 years
I know basic scales..Minor and Major Pentantonic,Major and Minor Scales,Blues Scale.
I know most of the left hand techniques: vibrato,bends,slides,hammer-ons,pull-offs,(I can't tap)
Same with my right hand except i can't sweep pick,I usualy use alternate picking
I play alot of Led Zeppelin,Beatles,Jimi Hendrix,Pink Floyd,Eric Clapton and Guns N Roses
(Blues-classic rock-hard rock kind of stuff)

Advance thanks to all those who reply.
-Vince
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
I like all of the same groups/musicians you listed. I've been listening to a lot of floyd and GnR lately. What is really interesting about pink floyd's Dave Gilmour, is his timing and sometimes his use of timing which is a "little off". The riff to Money just is a little weird. I don't quite understand what I'm hearing yet (gradually learning theory), but it's just so unique. Another thing is how some of his notes are picked hard while others are barely being played (something like marooned).

I have a Digitech RP250 with a built in drum machine. It's got an assortment of beats, rock, jazz, blues, etc. with adjustble bpm. It's helped me out with timing. The strength and weakness of certain notes/phrases, I'm just getting into lately.

I'm only a year in and don't know as many scales as you do, so take this for what it's worth.
If you can record yourself over a backing track. I use my ****ty mp3 player to do it all the time. LIsten to what you hear and critique it yourself. think about what parts sound good and why they sound good and do the same for the bad parts. THen when you try again try to fix some of the bad points. Improv and phrasing take a long time to get good at but like everything practise is key.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by xvasmx
I'm somewhat new to improvising and all this solo writting and everything.I had a thread before asking how to get started,i learned quite a lot from that.Now I'm confused about phrasing and making the solos sound more "natural" and flowing.Is there some sort of way i can learn to improve my phrasing and make my solos sound nicer?

info:
I've been playing guitar for about 2 years
I know basic scales..Minor and Major Pentantonic,Major and Minor Scales,Blues Scale.
I know most of the left hand techniques: vibrato,bends,slides,hammer-ons,pull-offs,(I can't tap)
Same with my right hand except i can't sweep pick,I usualy use alternate picking
I play alot of Led Zeppelin,Beatles,Jimi Hendrix,Pink Floyd,Eric Clapton and Guns N Roses
(Blues-classic rock-hard rock kind of stuff)

Advance thanks to all those who reply.
-Vince

For a start, you have to feel it, hard to explain that one. But use YOUR SCALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go through them, know them, go between them, and take note of what notes sound good and which ones sound really bad. If it's in the same key, its gonna sound great trust me.

If u get tabs for Metallica solos, you'll find theyre using some kind of scale, all teh time.

thanks
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Quote by xvasmx

Listen. To yourself and others. Think about what you're playing at all times when you're soloing, eventually you should develop your musical thinking to the point where you can play with good phrasing by relying on your fingers and the fact that you know what you're doing but to begin with you're going to have to listen ALL the time.

It especially helps if you listen to what other people are playing and try to incorporate their way of phrasing, at least rhythmically, into your own playing; listen to where your favourite guitarists put in fast parts, where they leave space and all that kind of thing. From there you can try to put that kind of phrasing into your own playing.

Unfortunately good phrasing takes experience more than anything else so play as much as you can and using backing tracks where you can; good phrasing is very difficult to do without some kind of harmonic context to work in, at least in the beginning; as you get more advanced you'll develop a style and that will show itself even if you play unaccompanied.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thanks so much for all the replies
I'm going to keep all of these in mind
Once again thankyou
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25