alright, so this has been bugging me. how in the world was south park able to make the election episode they did on the night after the election? did they make the episode in one night??? how did they do it?

help me!
They probably did two episodes, one with each outcome.

(Not that I have any idea of what you're talkin about because I haven't seen it.)
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah, probably two episodes.

It's pretty impossible to make an episode within a day.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Yea, definitely two episodes. They do it for Sports magazines and such as well. They make two seperate issues and whichever team wins they just fill-in some details.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black puck with sticks.

Quote by Tire Me.
Dumbledore wasn't the only headmaster that night.
Did you notice that most of the episode didn't really matter who won? They just either made two versions of the parts that did or just made those parts.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Just Andrew

well they made an episode and then a few hours before it aired, Saddam Hussein was found. They fit that into the episode. They have a program that let's them create the show in a few hours, and only three people do all the voices.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I remember reading in a magazine how the creators of south park can make an episode within a couple of hours. I bet they made up the storyline beforehand.
To be fair, the animation is purposefully dire, perhaps that speeds the process?
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It has the winning speech in it though

OH SHI-!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
^Really the only hard part would be the voices. South Park is a really simple cartoon visually. They have said it usually takes about 4 days to make an episode. But they still probably did 2 episodes.

EDIT: To having the winning speech; they would have made most of the episode, then added that in after it happened
I saw an interview on a news website, they just thought that it was unlikely that McCain would win.

They said if he did somehow win, then they would have got drunk and do a last minute poorly dubbed episode with the McCain supporters hiding from the riots or something.
Last edited by Lord Matt at Nov 26, 2008,
It doesn't take them very long to make it. They probably had the plot thought out before-hand.
It was obvious that Obama was going to win anyways.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
They have been known to slack of and work on episodes at the very last minute. I don't think an episode takes all that long to make.
I did a report on south park for school once. They have made episodes in under 3 days before. I'm pretty sure they made two episodes with maybe a couple changes made last minute.
-Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out-
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It has the winning speech in it though
They probably animated/edited the next day. I'm pretty sure they made two episodes, one with Obama winning and one with McCain. I think it was exactly the same episode, just with the names switched around.

But they use pretty advanced computers for their animation so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it in a day
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Just Andrew

they do manage to do one a week, but barely
"Don't do it Ike! don't jump! you could really hurt your ankle! seriously... it's like a 5 foot drop!" i lolled so hard when Kyle said that. XD
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Yeah, South Park has really low production times compared to other programs like the Simpsons and Family Guy

Or they could have just made two episodes
Quote by element4433
But they use pretty advanced computers for their animation so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it in a day
Not to mention the fact that it looks like crap is part of the magic of South Park. And only a handfull of people do voices most of the time, so I think they're pretty capable of making (relatively) last-minute changes.
They were on Kimmel and they said sometimes they finish episodes within a few hours of the airtime frequently.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
They said that they knew Obama would win (due to polls and such), so they made the episode with Obama winning.
Probably pre-made, assuming Obama would win. I mean, Trey and Matt aren't stupid. Also, making an episode of South Park is a really quick process.
yeah they new obama would win and then edited in some specifics the day after the election, they have a really short turnaround time on episodes, which is why they are generally better at parodying really current stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm