how do I fix this I got fender areodyne and my A string keeps popping out place.
I need a quick fix for my gig tomoz and normal fix.
also apart from my e string they all tend to be ringing and its annoying the **** outta me its does this on my mex P bass well how do I fix that.
Guitar shop help.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
wrap sand paper around something and sand out the groove so its deeper. be extremely careful though.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Use a very small file and file it down just a bit, but be very careful as funk said
Quote by las7
I had a past g/f that called me "bitch" while we had sex.
Any simular expirances UG users?
Quote by funkbass369
wrap sand paper around something and sand out the groove so its deeper. be extremely careful though.

Wouldn't that lower the height of the string, creating fret buzz?
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']Wouldn't that lower the height of the string, creating fret buzz?

action can be adjusted fairly easily to stop this.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
didnt work now it just pops out easier and I cant do it anymore.

but now will use my p mex bass for this gig but the a g and d string have a ringing noise and I don't know to stop it either coming from springs or headstock somewhere.
Last edited by jayoel at Nov 26, 2008,
If this has to be a really super quick fix and you don't have time to go get a new nut, my friend's dad did this to a crappy first act bass we found in his basement:

Take off busted nut.

Take a Knex or Lego piece

File away grooves for strings

Place where nut goes

play away.

We used a Knex piece and it worked suprisingly well. no strings popping off, no fret buzz or anything that i can remeber. it was okay, you know, for a first act. I wouldn't advise doing this unless you absolutely have to though.
Slap a bass, not a ho.
this happened to me the other day, and the quick fix was to make sure the string is wrapped around the bottom of the tuning peg, and not the top. worked for me.
Quote by Applehead
this happened to me the other day, and the quick fix was to make sure the string is wrapped around the bottom of the tuning peg, and not the top. worked for me.

Good to hear it fixed your problem .
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Mabye you're playing style is cause the strings to constantly ring, I've never had that problem on any bass I've played, and if it's on both basses, it's quite possible it's your playing style causing the problem.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by indie-bassist
Good to hear it fixed your problem .

Totally man, i owe you one. thanks a lot.