OK pit, as i'm sure you don't now I am an avid birdwatcher, creating this thread for people to discuss their latest sightings. Please, serious entries only.

To start things off, I briefly saw a northern shrike on 11-16 in southern new jersey outside of sea breeze. This is a rare bird for that area and news of it quickly spread. So, have you seen any good birds?
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
I like tits.

We call them chickadees in Canada. They are cute and I like the sounds they make.
i saw a Red Partridge in my garden quite a few years ago and I'm sure I saw a Waxwing in my garden too, that's about it. I used to love birds when I was a kid.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Sol9989
i saw a Red Partridge in my garden quite a few years ago and I'm sure I saw a Waxwing in my garden too, that's about it. I used to love birds when I was a kid.

Is that a British bird? I've never heard of it.
I Want One!!!

There was a scatty pigeon in my garden.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Salute to Jaco
by tits, do you mean tufted titmouse? yeah, they're cute.

There are many different kinds.

I'm not really bird watcher but I spend some time in the woods each year. There's plenty of Blue Jays, Gray Jays, Ravens and tons of Chickadees. Their calls fill the air all day.
Falco Rusticululs, the Gyrfalcon. It's probably up on the crag eating voles.

Ok Ive never seen it, its just a bit from Neville's Island.
Quote by Salute to Jaco
Is that a British bird? I've never heard of it.

what? the Partridge? Not typically (but I think more are breeding over here now from France), which why I was so surprised when it was just wandering around on the grass in our garden. Waxwing, I don't know and my internet is really slow.

Ah, I used to be quite the birdwatcher as well. I guess I just got too busy (read: lazy) to go out and do it anymore.

Shame, really.
Quote by Ziggums

At first i thought you were an idiot when you called that a robin, but then I realized you're british. Nice photography.

Quote by sol9989
what? the Partridge? Not typically (but I think more are breeding over here now from France), which why I was so surprised when it was just wandering around on the grass in our garden. Waxwing, I don't know and my internet is really slow.

I was just talking about the partridge, I've seen a waxwing before. A cedar waxwing, right? That's the only type I've seen. And when I said, I never heard of a partridge, i meant as a species. I've heard the word before.
I Want One!!!

im lucky enough to live in rural shropshire with a wooded hill behind my house so i see all kinds of birds (got a great spotted woodpecker nesting in the tree by my bedroom window)... my favourite bird sighting was watching a buzzard on our fencepost annihilate a juvenile great tit on one of the bird feeders. It was perched on a fencepost about 20 metres away and I knew it was eyeing up the young tit. The speed at which it grabbed the tit out of the air was remarkable.

i don't really do any serious bird watching given there's always something worth watching just out of the window...
Quote by Salute to Jaco

I was just talking about the partridge, I've seen a waxwing before. A cedar waxwing, right? That's the only type I've seen. And when I said, I never heard of a partridge, i meant as a species. I've heard the word before.

actually i'm in England so it must have been a Bohemian Waxwing now i've looked it up. that or I mistook it for another bird from a distance. Partridge's are game birds mainly and quite common over here but it was that species from France which made me go .

Have you ever read this:

?

Well, don't. It's just birds, birds and more birds.

Terrible.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
well, bloodshed344, maybe you shouldn't hunt. You know, some people aren't even lucky enough to see redheaded woodpeckers, let alone shoot them. Well, I'm gla you feel remorse. No hard feelings.
I Want One!!!

It was AWESOME! Last weekend, i went birding in souh New jersey and I saw a red shouldered hawk eating a roadkill cat! It was so cool, it was trying to drag it of the road into the bushes where it is safer, and then some asshole in a pickup truck came by and scared it away. Nonetheless, it was great.
I Want One!!!