Page 1 of 2
just read the title

id have to say,

Death Magnetic (i think thats what it was called) - Metallica

and

All hope is gone - slipknot
Last edited by GeoffreySmis at Nov 26, 2008,
For me it's FFAF's new one, though I haven't given it enough listens to appreciate it
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Last edited by Sirnogbert at Nov 26, 2008,
Even though I enjoyed a few of the songs on it, The Red Album by Weezer. There were about 4 good songs on it. The rest was just filler.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Death Magnetic and Chinese Democracy are both rubbish.

Damn straight.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
agreed about the red album. i wanted to like it, but i just couldnt get into it
NOPE
I'd have to say Chinese Democracy. I guess there are some good riffs and catchy lines on some songs on the album. The techno stuff is what threw me off.
I was disappointed with 808s and heartbreak. Kanye West can't pull off that style on record, and definitely can't pull it off live.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Agreeing on the metallica front. I'm guessing Least Favourite is essentially most personally disappointed with. Metallica take the prize. So many people I know loved it.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
The Dream:In This Moment
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Death Magnetic, Chinese Democracy and the new Trivium really didn't hit the spot for me
ohai little sig.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I was disappointed with 808s and heartbreak. Kanye West can't pull off that style on record, and definitely can't pull it off live.

i disagree a bit.... all in all i think it's a decent album, some of the songs aren't great.. but there are some awesome tracks on there Street Lights? amazing.
he said least favourite albums of 2008 not ones you didn't like so don't put death magnetic or chinese democracy on the list there have been far worse albums this year

ps all hope is gone-slipknot you have got to be kinding me this album owned

edit: there should be a requirement/rule: you have to have listened to the album more than once

also the trivium album was awesome not as good as the last one but was ridiculously better than the first two
Last edited by rottened23 at Nov 26, 2008,
Sam Roberts wasn't all that great, although I would have to say Vampire Weekend was a really big letdown, they were wayyyyy too overhyped for their own good, and none of their songs really drew me in (except their first single which drove me to buy their album).

EDIT:
Quote by goldmember1217
The Bedlam In Goliath- The Mars Volta

Bleh.

You didn't like that either? Well that's good, I bought it having listened to some of their older songs (Televators, the Widow) but not owning an album. It sounded very evil, which was what I think they were going for, but it wasn't that appealing to my ears.
Last edited by st.stephen at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by Demonikk
Death Magnetic, Chinese Democracy and the new Trivium really didn't hit the spot for me

This.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by rottened23

Even by Slipknot standards it was pretty bad.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Chinese Democracy considering the amount of time and money that's been put into it.

Although I can't rightly make a decision, as I have not yet heard every single album that has been released in 2008.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
The Red Album could've been great.
turned out to be only ok...maybe pretty good.

Journey's Revelation...could've been so much worse but still.
Whatever Dragonforce CD came out. All their **** sounds the same to me.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Quote by rottened23
he said least favourite albums of 2008 not ones you didn't like so don't put death magnetic or chinese democracy on the list there have been far worse albums this year

slipknots album couldve been better, but yea there were definitly some good songs on it.

on topic. probably the dragonforce album, it all sounded like the same song to me
Chinese Democracy
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Of the ones I've heard, Death Magnetic was pretty disappointing, especially after people hyped it as much as they did when it first came out.

I kinda liked 808's and Heartbreak. Certainly his worst album by far, but it's a good pop record.
cryptopsy - the unspoken king

it's growing on me, but deathcore was definitely the last thing i was hoping/expecting to come out of my speakers with this album in the cd player!!
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
Black Ice AC/DC its just the same as every other song theres just no orinality i just hoped for a change or well something other then AC/DC trying to hard like they do. Oh and i agree with everyone with the Metallica album
Intimacy by Bloc Party was a bit fail. Didn't live up to their last ones IMO.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Sirnogbert
Even by Slipknot standards it was pretty bad.

+67329814302975409274765

Iced Earth's The Crucible of Man was a pretty horrid album, considering the expectations of the band with Barlow's return, combined with the amazingness that was Framing Armageddon, the previous album.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Slipknot's album disappointed me more than any other.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by JRC7391
I'll go with Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, by Coldplay.

I admit I used to hate Coldplay (I really did, I couldn't listen to one of their songs without changing the radio station).

But this album is pure genius.

So that's my vote.

Do you know where you are?

You're in the jungle, baby!
You're gonna die!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It's hard to determine. The only thing I can say is that Black Ice is the best album of the year, hands down. If not, it's definately the rock album of the year, and the rock album of the century so far.
UG's AC/DC Lover
I, Lucifer-Destroy the Runner
suck to the max

Death Magnetic was slightly disappointing as well. It is the best album they've come out with since AJFA although
lBlUlTlTlSlElClKlSl
My Anti-Drug
Ultra Beatdown by Dragonforce.

^ Jambi_mantra, are you serious? I loved Intimacy.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by VortexOfSouls
I'd have to say Chinese Democracy. I guess there are some good riffs and catchy lines on some songs on the album. The techno stuff is what threw me off.

Yeah, all the computer done stuff just killed it for me, I liked it simple. 2 guitar a bass, and drums, because there was so little to it, but they could make these few parts very complex and sound amazing.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Page 1 of 2