So out of no where I was looking through the GH page at wikipedia, and I noticed that there is a fact that says "Aerosmith has made more money from Guitar Hero than any single album sales".

Here is the link:http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/15/gh-money-for-aerosmith/

Anyone else find that depressing?

Now I can understand that you can make more money off a game than a cd, hell they are the same thing in terms of materials but cost 4 times as much. But really, more than any other single album?

The aerosmith guitar hero game has nothing new to offer, it is literally GH with only Aerosmith songs and characters. You would actually have to pay me money for me to play it.
i would think that it would make more money cause insted of just fans of Aerosmith buying the game, every kid or whatever who plays Guitar Hero would buy it an sadly it shows theres lot of people who play that damn game.
Quote by ScottElwood
Now I can understand that you can make more money off a game than a cd, hell they are the same thing in terms of materials but cost 4 times as much.

You've already exhausted your own topic there.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
You dont really understand the concept of supply and demand....do you
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
I don't think I got my point across. Aerosmith had a record deal in 1972. That is 36 years ago. Since then they have become one of the most popular rock bands to date.

In those 36 years, they have sold over 60 million copies of cds. Their first album, self titled "Aerosmith", was released in 1973 and went 2x platinum. Their biggest seller, "Toys in the Attic", went 8x Platinum.

However, GH: Aerosmith was released in June of this year. That was less than 6 months ago. In that time they have made more money than their top selling album, "Toys in the Attic", and that was released in 1975.

I understand that GH is one of the biggest new games out there, and that many people will buy anything with the GH or Aerosmith label on it, but wow aren't those numbers ASTOUNDING? The game didn't even get a review above an 8, some reviewers even gave it a 3!