i want to learn "down from the sky" by trivium (i have tabs in guitar world mag) and it ison seven strings..what do i tune my guitar to then? (i only have 6 strings)

thanks
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
B Standard:
B-E-A-D-F#(?)-B
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
B standard

going- B-E-A-D-G-B

you might need to change your string gauge for it
thanks, so my e to a B, A to E, D to A and so on??

thanslks people
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
If you compare the guitar sound of this CD, to like, a band that really does use seven strings, like Fear Factory or even their earlier songs that are on seven strings, like Becoming the Dragon, they guitars on Shogun don't sound like seven strings. It really sounds like D standard or drop C, but eh, wtf do I know..
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by nowa90
thanks, so my e to a B, A to E, D to A and so on??

thanslks people

Yes, but I'm assuming you just have normal strings on your guitar. If so, you'll need heavier gauge strings otherwise they'll just flop around. And putting on a higher gauge requires you to adjust everything otherwise you'll get fret buzz etc.
Quote by HavokStrife
If you compare the guitar sound of this CD, to like, a band that really does use seven strings, like Fear Factory or even their earlier songs that are on seven strings, like Becoming the Dragon, they guitars on Shogun don't sound like seven strings. It really sounds like D standard or drop C, but eh, wtf do I know..

They record with EBMM JP-7s for the most part, I think.

that's gonna suck.oups, sorry. but, either get a 7 string guitar(hard thing) either transpose the songs.(also hard)

Getting a 7-string is not hard... gettting a good 7-string is a bit harder because they're more expensive. And why transpose when you can change tunings?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?