I'm in need of a strat for live shows. Is the Squier Bullet complete crap? I would get 2 of those if they're any good. Any suggestion?
Quote by bluesrocker101
Hmm, you might just be my favorite Oct. 06er.

Quote by acdc51502112
agreed

Yep, its pretty much crap. After all you get what you pay for. Maybe you could use one as a beginner, but for live shows? no way. Just my thoughts.
Quote by *mystery*
I'm in need of a strat for live shows. Is the Squier Bullet complete crap? I would get 2 of those if they're any good. Any suggestion?
There are a ton of pros and modders at TDPRI, the biggest Tele Forum in the planet, who are huge fans of the new Squier Bullets, the model with the Basswood body.

Without exception, the first upgrades are PUs, electronics, and nut replacement. The next most popular upgrades are the bridge and tuner replacements. The next is a neck replacement.

The Squier Bullet is an excellent platform for modding at the insane price of $100 ... assuming you can live with the slightly thinner body.

Good Luck!

Well, you could get a Squier Affinity, it's better than the bullet, and you can mod the hell out of it.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Do any of you actually own a squier?

anyways, I would get a squier affinity used, and install some new p-ups in it.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

if you were going to get a squier make sure it's one with a basswood body at least... i played a new squier bullet this one girl had at my school and it surprised me, better than my friends MIM tele (although it was such a lemon that they wired the electronics upside down! haha) so that might not be a fair comparison