I am looking to get a Dave Mustaine vmntx guitar. All of the reviews i have read say its a very good guitar for the price. I was thinking though of getting emg 81 85s for it but im just learning to solo would it be that big of a difference or get both 85s or get the Dave Mustaine live wire pickups?
the quality of the VMNT compared to the VMNTX is way better.

There's a bigger price tag for a reason :p
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
there isn't much different from the vmnt and the vmntx same wood different inlays different pickups different paint job better electrical on the vmnt but other then that if your not a super amazing guitar player and playing for fun i don't think you will need the vmnt when you can add pickups to the vmntx....you would think sustain and sound would be different but there the same wood and same specs.
Quote by postmortem2006
Nah the VMNT1 costs more for a very very good reason haha. I'm trying to sell mine because I need money, but no one wants it

I want it but I don't have the money to buy it. How much do you want for it anyway? I've got a friend that might be interested.
EDIT: I just noticed you're in the U.K. so shipping would probably be to high so nevermind.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Nov 26, 2008,
vmnt1 blah the best one is the vmnt angel of death that guitar is awesome....
i am pretty sure it does look up the live wire pickups....i didn't even know the vmnt came in classic black???
why no batteries really that terrible energizer makes them e2 lithiums bud they last forever and they are cheap at like menards...
menards is a hardware store in the us or most of it i guess pretty big place....and there is also rechargeable batteries you get 2 sets you play one goes dead you charge which would be what a few weeks on one set....then you charge them and use the other ones and so on and so one.
Quote by jeremessmore
Can anyone tell me on the VMNT1 in classic black if it has active pick ups i don't wanna pay for batteries for my guitar

A 9v battery for active pickups will last 10 to 12 months if you unplug your guitar when you're not playing. It's really not a big deal.
ya i wouldn't think it would use tons of electricity and im from indiana jereme.....and im pretty sure you will get better sounds out of the live wires then you would out of most other pick ups
i can't wait till i get the vmntx it standard still would be a improvement on sound then what im playing
Quote by xphrygianx
there isn't much different from the vmnt and the vmntx same wood different inlays different pickups different paint job better electrical on the vmnt but other then that if your not a super amazing guitar player and playing for fun i don't think you will need the vmnt when you can add pickups to the vmntx....you would think sustain and sound would be different but there the same wood and same specs.

There IS a fairly significant difference between the VMNTX and the VMNT "1". the "x" has a bolt on neck and the vmnt "1" and USA models have a bound or "set neck". This makes for a guitar that is guarenteed to be straighter and have more sustaine (so long as it was made right). The only better design would be a true neck-through, where the neck actually penetrates the body of the guitar. The only neck-through V's I've found are the higher end Jacksons and Esp's. Personally, I would never buy a guitar if it had a bolt on neck. May sound stupid because a lot of high dollar guitars still use them, but once you play aggressively with a set neck or neck through design, you'll understand. It becomes effortless in comparison.
Don't waste your money on it, it's pointless to spend money on pickups and all on a crap guitar. I have the dean VMNT Angel of Death and it's a beast, if your getting a new guitar and want a vmnt, atleast get the vmnt1, don't sell out and get a bolt on with crap quality wood and get some pickups for it.
Too much equipment to write down...
Quote by postmortem2006
I have a VMNT1 to sell, which is vastly superior to the VMNTx and it comes with the Livewires. how much you willing to spend?

Oh, and the Livewires have a far better clean tone than EMGs tend to.

ill give you £10 for it :P
Body Wood and Fretboard Wood is different, VMNT1 comes with strap locks, better pickups and tuners. Think of it like the difference between a JS King V and the Pro Series King V
Be careful where you buy though, there are a lot of "B stock" V's that are being sold as New guitars. All of the B stock guitars are blemished in some way, and the ones that I have seen that are Dean, are pretty bad.