I'm putting together an old Ibanez RG340 with an HSS rout. I have an SD Distortion in the bridge, Quarter Pounder in the middle, and cool rails in the neck, effectively making it HSH.

The quarter pounder is Reverse-Wound for Reverse Polarity, which I hoped made positions 2 and 4 hum-canceling with auto-splitting (a-la newer RG HSH wiring).

I probably should have asked about this before buying the pickup, but should it be RWRP for hum-canceling in positions 2 and 4? I just figured that it made sense, but I'm not sure about the polarity of the coils in the bridge and neck humbuckers so I don't know if it will work in practice like I have it figured out on paper.

Hopefully someone will know. Thanks in advance.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
I hate bumping, but this would really be a great thing to know about for future projects. Does anyone know a lot about pickup polarity?
I Japanese Fenders
Quote by GravyFish
I hate bumping, but this would really be a great thing to know about for future projects. Does anyone know a lot about pickup polarity?
don't worry about bumping. you waited at least a day, and weren't bitchy about the way you bumped. No Problem Whatsoever.

Quote by GravyFish
I probably should have asked about this before buying the pickup, but should it be RWRP for hum-canceling in positions 2 and 4?
you can do hum canceling in a HSH with EITHER a RWRP or a standard single in the middle.

a standard single has South magnetic polarity. in positions 2 and 4 you split the HB and use the North coil of the HB with the middle.

a RWRP single has North magnetic polarity. in positions 2 and 4 you split the HB and use the South coil of the HB with the middle.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
don't worry about bumping. you waited at least a day, and weren't bitchy about the way you bumped. No Problem Whatsoever.

you can do hum canceling in a HSH with EITHER a RWRP or a standard single in the middle.

a standard single has South magnetic polarity. in positions 2 and 4 you split the HB and use the North coil of the HB with the middle.

a RWRP single has North magnetic polarity. in positions 2 and 4 you split the HB and use the South coil of the HB with the middle.

Ah, that makes a great deal of sense. I just need to make sure that is splits the right coil of the humbucker. Of course, since I have a RWRP middle, it'll split the outside coils of the neck and bridge humbuckers. I don't imagine it will actually make much of a tonal difference, but it'll be "unique." Thanks a ton, man.
I Japanese Fenders