Hey guys,

I was just wondering (as it never occured to me to do it this way before) is there any reason that, on my Floyd equipped guitar I can't just pull up on the bar to stretch the strings? It would just save time on the hand method....

Cheers
When I'm breaking in new strings I tune them a bit high with the machine head and dip them, so its alot easier on my Ibanez to just gently tug the bar to get a full string stretch. Of course, you also need to tug gently on the string while holding down a fret, doing it on each fret to properly stretch out the string, so pulling the bar isn't the only thing you need to do.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
I just overtune the strings when I first put them on. I don't worry about the pitch, just as long as they're over whatever tuning I'm putting them in. Then I just play some scales/song/whatnot for about 5 minutes to get the strings to stetch.

Also it kinda helps with my playing. I can get my hand to move properly without having the mental connection between sound and where my hand is on the neck
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
btw you don't need to stretch the string on each fret.. the string doesn't actually stretch. all you are doing by stretching is tightening the winds on the machine heads and if the string does stretch at all it would only stretch a minuet amount where it wouldn't affect your tuning to much
Quote by striker327
btw you don't need to stretch the string on each fret.. the string doesn't actually stretch. all you are doing by stretching is tightening the winds on the machine heads and if the string does stretch at all it would only stretch a minuet amount where it wouldn't affect your tuning to much

I just stuck in the tugging at each fret bit because it works for me, I always find that the tuning stabilizes almost completely after "breaking them in". It also ensures that if you have a crap string in the pack that it'll break before you have the trem set up rather than a few days later saving you a bit of bother.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"