hey, pretty soon im getting a gibson les paul vintage mahogany

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar-102771409-i1169816.gc

and i am looking for a new amp too, but i cant find any that really match what im looking for

right now, my friends and me are trying to start a band and they really want to do the generic hardcore/metalcore/ whatevercore sound but thats not really my thing (i prefer soft rock, i only like a little hardcore) so the amp needs to have pretty good cleans and enough gain for the band,

it should be loud enough for gigging and band practice

the budget is around 1200, maybe a little more. ive been looking at mesa's but i live in a crappy lil town where they are really hard to find used

thanks for any help!
Get a 5150/6505 and with a few effects you can get pretty decent cleans out of it (I've managed it before)
Otherwise, Valveking with an OD/gain booster
ohai little sig.
You can get a Peavy Classic 50 and use a distortion pedal for when you play hardcore.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
alright thanks. if i get the 5150 what effects should i get for the cleans? and what od do you recommend if i get a valveking?

and what dist. for the peavey?
Quote by ArronS
alright thanks. if i get the 5150 what effects should i get for the cleans? and what od do you recommend if i get a valveking?

and what dist. for the peavey?

Personally, I couldn't find anything that made the cleans on the 5150 bearable. If you get a VK, replace the speakers (I would recommend the Jensen MOD to do that) and replace the tubes before getting pedals. After all of that is done, get a good OD. I would recommend an Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer, but a Digitech Bad Monkey should do the job as well.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by bBreaker
You can get a Peavy Classic 50 and use a distortion pedal for when you play hardcore.

i know for a fact this works well. my friend used this set up in a metalcore band i was in during the summer. get a fulltone ocd with it and you'll rock.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Aggh
Where's goolz n kev?

1200 is a decent budget.
Look into

Carvin V3
ENGL Screamer Combo
ENGL Thunder Combo
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey XXX
Used Peavey Ultra
Used Marshall JCM900
alright thanks, ill look into those, but i live in a horrible town for musicians so my chances of finding those two used is slim to none
you wouldnt happen to be a lil biased towards it would you? lol just kidding, ill check it out.
i think ive seen it at guitar center before