I'd like to get two pedals - a wah, and a pedal tuner. Can anyone make suggestions? i have some i'm considering. price isn't really an object, but cheaper would be better.

wah - weeping demon ibanez, dunlop crybaby, or vox wah.

Pedal tuner - boss, fender, or korg.
I've heard great things about Korg pitchblack tuners, but the Boss TU-whatevers are also good, and reliable.

What kid of Wah tone are you looking for? Modern, somewhere in between, or balls to the wall vintage?

EDIT: And at your signature- why do you have over 3 times the required money to buy that rig, and haven't done so?!
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Stratoblaster73

What kid of Wah tone are you looking for? Modern, somewhere in between, or balls to the wall vintage?:

I have been hearing alot about the weeping wah. What kind of tone do you get from it, and whats a good example of its use?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Lol, on my signature i meant 700. I'll fix that. I'm, unfortunately, playing thru a line6 spider 3 until i get said rig. I'd like a kind of bright, sharp tone.
Quote by eNdofthELinE9
wah - weeping demon ibanez, dunlop crybaby, or vox wah.

DO NOT GET THE DUNLOP. Dunlop is an incredible brand in all the accesories it makes, but take it from an owner of an original crybaby, they break easy and the wah tone is not the best for its price.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
^
Do you mean the Ibanez Weeping Demon?
It's more of a screaming, wailing wahwah, a bit higher gain than you've average Original Crybaby.

Oh, but I find the new Dunlops quite good. That 535Q (or something, I can't remember it exactly) is quite cool, and I love the Vox V847(A) ones as well.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
DO NOT GET THE DUNLOP. Dunlop is an incredible brand in all the accesories it makes, but take it from an owner of an original crybaby, they break easy and the wah tone is not the best for its price.

Ok, thanks. a good example of its use is in experimental/tech/prog metal. that's what i mostly play, it'll be something between joe satriani and cannibal corpse.
Quote by eNdofthELinE9
Lol, on my signature i meant 700. I'll fix that. I'm, unfortunately, playing thru a line6 spider 3 until i get said rig. I'd like a kind of bright, sharp tone.

Just get the FBV footswitch. It has the tuner on it and its an essential peice for the Spider 3.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
Just get the FBV footswitch. It has the tuner on it and its an essential peice for the Spider 3.

yeah, but i'm not too interested in putting too much work into the spider :/
Quote by Stratoblaster73
^
Do you mean the Ibanez Weeping Demon?
It's more of a screaming, wailing wahwah, a bit higher gain than you've average Original Crybaby.

Oh, but I find the new Dunlops quite good. That 535Q (or something, I can't remember it exactly) is quite cool, and I love the Vox V847(A) ones as well.

Yeah, in all fairness, the new Dunlop is pretty good. VOX is pretty damn good, but its a bit too vintage sounding. I haven't found a WAH I like yet, but I think I will try the Ibanez. And yeah, it sounds like that what the thread starter wants.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
Quote by eNdofthELinE9
Ok, thanks. a good example of its use is in experimental/tech/prog metal. that's what i mostly play, it'll be something between joe satriani and cannibal corpse.

Then you're probably looking for higher-gain wahs, so as to not compromise the tone.

You could be looking at:
Morley Wahs (good value for money)
Dunlop Slash/Zakk Wylde Wah Wah (Personally, I never buy "signature" gear, I don't like the idea of "borrowing" an artist's tone)
Dunlop 535Q (with a fair amount of tweaking)
RMC Wizard Wah (Held in general opinion as some of the best wahs around- very pricy)

Oh, and the Weeping Demon, as stated above. Though it isn't exactly the most full sounding wah around. Some would describe is as "harsh" or "Nasaly", but some people dig that. Tone is subjective.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Last edited by Stratoblaster73 at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by Stratoblaster73
Then you're probably looking for higher-gain wahs, so as to not compromise the tone.

You could be looking at:
Morley Wahs (good value for money)
Dunlop Slash/Zakk Wylde Wah Wah (Personally, I never buy "signature" gear, I don't like the idea of "borrowing" an artist's tone)
Dunlop 535Q (with a fair amount of tweaking)
RMC Wizard Wah (Held in general opinion as some of the best wahs around- very pricy)

I agree, I don't want to borrow anyone's tone. And I'm looking for somewhere midprice, so... a Morley?
^
The Slash and Zakk Wylde Wahs sound like crap, IMO. The Morleys are good, I would try the Ibanez, and give the Dunlop a shot.

Just go to guitar center man. Try them out, see which one you like. Or, go on youtube and look up each one. People LOVE to show off there equipment, so it should be easy to find someone playing each pedal, atleast 10 of them, hah
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
Quote by eNdofthELinE9
I agree, I don't want to borrow anyone's tone. And I'm looking for somewhere midprice, so... a Morley?

Or the Dunlop or Ibanez. I believe that all three are in/around/less than $100
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Stratoblaster73
Or the Dunlop or Ibanez. I believe that all three are in/around/less than $100

So, I'm looking at either an Ibanez Weeping Demon or a Morley Power Wah? I have heard negative things about the Classic Morley.
I like my Vox V847a wah.

The Korg Pitchblack tuners look great, but I haven't actually used one, just heard nice things about it.
This is a link to a demonstration of the Ibanez,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMbICnoXz0

Morley Power wah demonstration,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDJ6WaaRDXc

Dunlop 535Q Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRDvBNNR8iI
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
Quote by eNdofthELinE9
So, I'm looking at either an Ibanez Weeping Demon or a Morley Power Wah? I have heard negative things about the Classic Morley.

Yeah, all the other Morley's are either artist signature wahs, or volume/distortion ones.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by eNdofthELinE9
thanks, from that i like the ibanez best

I thought you might.
But I suggest trying them all out in person as well, if possible, just to make sure.
Remember, the amp plays a major part in tone as well.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

^
NP man. I always think its better to figure things out for yourself, but its always a good idea to check with us to see what you will not see when you play it, or what will happen after awhile.

Now, about the tuner. I guess, the pitchblack sounds best. I would suggest you go with it, its kind of hard to get a bad tuner, as they all practically do the same thing. I mean, yeah, you can get one thats not exact, but you get my idea.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
^
Yeah lol, they all do the same thing.

That's just a best value for money thing.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

And if he says money is no object, I suggest getting most expensive, to ensure getting the best, as with tuners, the more money they put into it the better they come out. Besides, Tuners are never expensive. So at most, 100. And thats about the same ammount for the wah.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
And if he says money is no object, I suggest getting most expensive, to ensure getting the best, as with tuners, the more money they put into it the better they come out. Besides, Tuners are never expensive. So at most, 100. And thats about the same ammount for the wah.

Mhm. For most any pedal, I'd cap out around 100.
The exceptions being ODs/Distortions and EQs. Things that really define tone.

Wahs, tuners, stuff like that, don't go overboard, but don't buy the cheapest asian knock-offs you could find, either.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

ok, thanks guys. I was planning on either the korg or boss for tuner anyways, and that's $90 vs $100. I think the weeping demon is around $100, but I need to try everything out.

oh, and possibly considering a whammy pedal? but the only thing i see is the digitech one for $200 :\