I'm going to Cuba in April and all my friends are bugging me to get them cuban cigars. Its legal to bring them over to canada right? Is it frowned upon at all? Also how much do they cost in Cuba, and how much should i sell them to my friends for here in Canada?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Uhm, yeah, it's pretty much as illegial as smuggling Columbian Cocaine.

They take that embargo s**t pretty seriously in customs.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
They're not very expensive, especially if you go to the countryside and buy them from the people who roll them privately. They're expensive outside the country though. I haven't been to the island in quite some time so I dont know if things have changed.
charge whatever the hell you want...where else are your friends are going to get Cubans from?

but seriously, if you get caught it could mean a hefty fine you'll have to pay.

remember that
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
if your in canada you should be fine, its the US who has the embargo going on if im not mistaken
NOPE
Quote by Garou1911

Canada doesn't have an embargo on Cuba , I've bought Cuban cigars in Canada before actually.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
In canada its totally legal. i went to cuba 2 years ago and brought LOTS through customs, perfectly fine. Although there is a limit to how many each person is allowed to bring back, so if your going with parents or something, get them to bring some of your share. its a really cool place, lots of culture, and you can make wicked coin on those cigars. Have fun man.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
to all the americans. we get cubans in canada from our normal cigar shops. and it's perfectly legal to bring them to canada. (i know it's illegal to bring them into the states, but if you bring them into canada it's fine - as long as you claim them though).
if you get some privately rolled ones, chances are they won't be very good (hence being called fake cigars - they will usually put a well known band on them that they stole from the factory they work at).
you can pick up some really nice cohibas or monte cristos. basically very big name brand ones. most cohibas here will run for about $85-125. it all depends on the cigar shop though.

basically, it depends what kind you get. i know you can by cohibas down there for about $5-10 a piece. so up here a fair price if they are brought back by a friend is about $25-35.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Last edited by exiledsoul at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by Garou1911

Check with customs, but you might be allowed 1 box of 50 per person back into Canada. Hope you realize that you likely wont be bringing anything unique back to Canada with you. Any fine cigar stores here sell nice cuban cigars.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Canada doesn't have an embargo on Cuba , I've bought Cuban cigars in Canada before actually.

I thought most countries enforced the embargo.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911

It's not because your country has an embargo on another one that all other countries do too...

Anyway, why just not buy them over here?
ah, i didn't read the Canada part..

stoopid of me
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Garou1911

what? America is the only country I'm aware of with an embargo on Cuba.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Freddedonna

Anyway, why just not buy them over here?

They're cheaper in cuba
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Add a $5 fee. I smuggled some back from the Bahamas, no sweat.

Don't put it in your carry-on. I had to go through two security checkpoints before I could go to my plane.
Quote by Garou1911

Yeah in America. Canada doesn't have an embargo on Cuba because we believe that the Cold War ended in 1989.
Quote by st.stephen
Yeah in America. Canada doesn't have an embargo on Cuba because we believe that the Cold War ended in 1989.

umm...The Cold War ended in 1991
Quote by st.stephen

...even then we didn't have an embargo on Cuba.

Pierre Trudeau was good friends with Castro, wasn't he?
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

Quote by wahappen

Check with customs, but you might be allowed 1 box of 50 per person back into Canada. Hope you realize that you likely wont be bringing anything unique back to Canada with you. Any fine cigar stores here sell nice cuban cigars.

Well they're cheaper in Cuba than in Canada
1. Buy for $5 in Cuba
2. Sell them for much more (i'm thinking like $30 maybe since they're my friends?)
3. ???
4. Profit!
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by Eric 666
umm...The Cold War ended in 1991

That's why we didn't embargo them.

Also, we have our milk in bags.

/runs away

And about Trudeau and Castro...I think I read that somewhere too, or something like that. Hell who cares, I have no problem with Castro, plus he's nearly dead anyways North America rocks.
Last edited by st.stephen at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by hell_monkey
Well they're cheaper in Cuba than in Canada
1. Buy for $5 in Cuba
2. Sell them for much more (i'm thinking like $30 maybe since they're my friends?)
3. ???
4. Profit!

did you not read my post?
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by Garou1911

Lol, we have a Cuban Embassy here, one of the main streets is called Cuba Streets, and there is a huge amount of trade between us and Cuba, so Cuba street is full of cigars and coffee.

The American embassy tried to talk us out of it, but I met a marine at the tabbacconists the other day
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat