Does anybody know if Marshall Valvestates are as good as or are better than MG's. I like MG's, but I want to know if Valvestates would be any better.

The heads are about $360 and a cab is about $300, it sounds pretty good to me.

Does anybody know if these are better than MG's?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Better choice, maybe not best choice, but better.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
i had one a while ago
i loved the amp
but just as my mg did IT JUST DIED.
i loved the sound for a while but u eventually u grow up and want better things.
i thnk thats a good price get it if u like
and yes waybetter than mg's.
Quote by tmfiore
Does anybody know if Marshall Valvestates are as good as or are better than MG's. I like MG's, but I want to know if Valvestates would be any better.

The heads are about $360 and a cab is about $300, it sounds pretty good to me.

Does anybody know if these are better than MG's?

Well if you like MG's than why do you want something different? I hate the MG, but if you like something you shouldn't feel like you need to change it based on what UG says. Anyway, to answer your question: Yes, they are better, by how much I can't say exactly. You'll have you ask someone with a more extensive experience with them.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Awesome I will get the valvestate its pretty much the same price as the MG half stack, what can I lose getting it?

I want to test it out though, I'll probably see if I can find one at guitar center.

If I can't find it I will go with the MG, I will only be using it until I turn 16 (I am 13 right now) and am able to get a job and buy a Marshall tube. Sorry, but I love Marshalls too much.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by tmfiore
Awesome I will get the valvestate its pretty much the same price as the MG half stack, what can I lose getting it?

I want to test it out though, I'll probably see if I can find one at guitar center.

If I can't find it I will go with the MG, I will only be using it until I turn 16 (I am 13 right now) and am able to get a job and buy a Marshall tube. Sorry, but I love Marshalls too much.

nothing
its a win if u really want it...
but
i would recommend instead of getting a stack
a combo....
a valve combo sounds MILLION times better than an mg or valvestate ...
only get a stack if u gig big places.
(yes i play big venues here in mexico )
Quote by tmfiore

What makes you love them so much to waste your money on crappy amps that they don't even make? They have very little to do with building the MG series, and you can get much more for your money. I could understand your logic if there entry level stuff, or midrange stuff for that matter, was actually good, but you're only buying it for the brand name.
-Bugera 333XL 212
I'm saying, I like the sound of Marshalls. Even the MG's. I played it and liked the sound.

Okay end of discussion. People will yell at me for liking MG's, but I still like them, so whatever. I'll follow my own way.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by tmfiore
I'm saying, I like the sound of Marshalls. Even the MG's. I played it and liked the sound.

Okay end of discussion. People will yell at me for liking MG's, but I still like them, so whatever. I'll follow my own way.

I'm not telling you not to get it. If you want it, by all means get it. It's the fact that the MG sounds nothing like a traditional Marshall, and many will I agree the VS doesn't either. Have you even heard a high-end Marshall?
-Bugera 333XL 212
I play a Valvestate every week at my guitar lesson, its pretty good.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle